Being a teen mom was the best thing that happened to me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know most people shame teen moms, but I just wanted to point out that circumstances are sometimes different. In my situation, it made my life so much better. I had a terrible home life. I never met my dad, and my mom was a drug addict who was always sleeping at boyfriends' homes and leaving me to fend for myself. I was severely depressed and had no treatment, and I felt most days like I didn't want to continue. Then I got pregnant, and I thought how much worse can my life keep getting, but having my daughter changed my life completely.

She gave me a reason to live and a reason to be responsible. I wanted to be the best mom I could for her, so I got my high school diploma and then went to college to get an Associate's degree. We are doing very well now, and I just think sometimes what might've happened if I didn't have her. It just got me thinking when I read the post about whether you'd want to go back in time and still have kids. It scares me to think where I'd be without her.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I had my children when I was a responsible, financially secure adult. That is a much better situation for the child than having a teen mom with an unstable home life that’s unlikely to get herself together. I’m glad it worked out for you, but it often doesn’t work out so well.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:05 pm I had my children when I was a responsible, financially secure adult. That is a much better situation for the child than having a teen mom with an unstable home life that’s unlikely to get herself together. I’m glad it worked out for you, but it often doesn’t work out so well.
I am aware it often doesn't work out well, and it's not something I would encourage or glorify. It was by no means an ideal situation to bring a child into the world, but it truly did turn my life around and give me a reason to be responsible. I don't even want to imagine what may have happened otherwise. I was in a very dark place, and my daughter brought so much joy and purpose to me.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Here's a cookie.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm I know most people shame teen moms, but I just wanted to point out that circumstances are sometimes different. In my situation, it made my life so much better. I had a terrible home life. I never met my dad, and my mom was a drug addict who was always sleeping at boyfriends' homes and leaving me to fend for myself. I was severely depressed and had no treatment, and I felt most days like I didn't want to continue. Then I got pregnant, and I thought how much worse can my life keep getting, but having my daughter changed my life completely.

She gave me a reason to live and a reason to be responsible. I wanted to be the best mom I could for her, so I got my high school diploma and then went to college to get an Associate's degree. We are doing very well now, and I just think sometimes what might've happened if I didn't have her. It just got me thinking when I read the post about whether you'd want to go back in time and still have kids. It scares me to think where I'd be without her.
That's beautiful momma❤
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm I know most people shame teen moms, but I just wanted to point out that circumstances are sometimes different. In my situation, it made my life so much better. I had a terrible home life. I never met my dad, and my mom was a drug addict who was always sleeping at boyfriends' homes and leaving me to fend for myself. I was severely depressed and had no treatment, and I felt most days like I didn't want to continue. Then I got pregnant, and I thought how much worse can my life keep getting, but having my daughter changed my life completely.

That's beautiful momma❤
Thank you, you are such a sweetheart.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm glad it worked out for you but who paid for your housing, schooling, utilities, food, diapers, and health insurance for those few years?
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Glad to hear it had such a happy outcome. Merry Christmas and I hope you guys continue to thrive.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:17 pm I'm glad it worked out for you but who paid for your housing, schooling, utilities, food, diapers, and health insurance for those few years?
I was still living at my house at that point. I got a scholarship for school and some financial aid. In terms of other expenses, I was working, and so was my boyfriend. His family also contributed to the baby expenses.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:20 pm Glad to hear it had such a happy outcome. Merry Christmas and I hope you guys continue to thrive.
Thank you! Merry Christmas to you and yours too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic