Being a teen mom was the best thing that happened to me

leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's awesome.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wouldn't say it was the best thing that has ever happened to me but I wouldn't change it. I had my oldest at 17 and my youngest at 21. . I may have been a young mom but it worked out. My oldest is now 21 and about to have her first child.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:29 pm I wouldn't say it was the best thing that has ever happened to me but I wouldn't change it. I had my oldest at 17 and my youngest at 21. . I may have been a young mom but it worked out. My oldest is now 21 and about to have her first child.
So then you will be a Grandma of 2 right?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:35 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:29 pm I wouldn't say it was the best thing that has ever happened to me but I wouldn't change it. I had my oldest at 17 and my youngest at 21. . I may have been a young mom but it worked out. My oldest is now 21 and about to have her first child.
No she will be my first grandchild.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:37 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:35 pm
No she will be my first grandchild.
Ok *wink wink*
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:11 pm Image

Here's a cookie.
Those look alot like the cookies I used for my sweet potato cheesecake awhile back.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm I know most people shame teen moms, but I just wanted to point out that circumstances are sometimes different. In my situation, it made my life so much better. I had a terrible home life. I never met my dad, and my mom was a drug addict who was always sleeping at boyfriends' homes and leaving me to fend for myself. I was severely depressed and had no treatment, and I felt most days like I didn't want to continue. Then I got pregnant, and I thought how much worse can my life keep getting, but having my daughter changed my life completely.

She gave me a reason to live and a reason to be responsible. I wanted to be the best mom I could for her, so I got my high school diploma and then went to college to get an Associate's degree. We are doing very well now, and I just think sometimes what might've happened if I didn't have her. It just got me thinking when I read the post about whether you'd want to go back in time and still have kids. It scares me to think where I'd be without her.
You are very lucky. Glad it worked out for you.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I planned two kids when I was a teen and it was the best thing for me too.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm glad that worked out for you.

Being a teen mom made my life a F***ing ton more difficult than it strictly had to be. Everything I've achieved in my education and my career, and general personal betterment, was in spite of it and not by any means because of it. I always had a plan for what I wanted to do with my life. The fact that I refused to give up on myself and my future despite having an unplanned child to raise speaks more to my own stubbornness than it does to anything else.

That said, I did as good as I could with what I had and, if I do say so myself, I think life's turned out more than decently for the both of us.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:49 pm I know most people shame teen moms, but I just wanted to point out that circumstances are sometimes different. In my situation, it made my life so much better. I had a terrible home life. I never met my dad, and my mom was a drug addict who was always sleeping at boyfriends' homes and leaving me to fend for myself. I was severely depressed and had no treatment, and I felt most days like I didn't want to continue. Then I got pregnant, and I thought how much worse can my life keep getting, but having my daughter changed my life completely.

She gave me a reason to live and a reason to be responsible. I wanted to be the best mom I could for her, so I got my high school diploma and then went to college to get an Associate's degree. We are doing very well now, and I just think sometimes what might've happened if I didn't have her. It just got me thinking when I read the post about whether you'd want to go back in time and still have kids. It scares me to think where I'd be without her.
That's beautiful momma❤
Has a woman that spent many years of her life has a volunteer CASA, that situation is anything but beautiful 95% of the time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic