Be honest, if you could go back in time to before you had children would you still have children?

If you could do it over again would you still have kids?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 53
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Nope.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes for many reasons.

I am a better person, less selfish, humbled and more tolerant of others since becoming a parent. I shudder at how self-absorbed and judgmental I was pre-kids, maybe some of that positive change would have came with age, but I think much of it comes from raising children with unique needs.

On bad days, I worry they should have a different or better mom or dad, but never been born? No, now that I know my kids and see their journey, I cannot imagine our little world without the impression they make, so absolutely, couldn’t imagine how could one go back and say you wish they were never here.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would. I think I'd do things differently with their father though.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. I love my children dearly and have never regretted having them when and how I did.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No regrets.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have no desire to go back in time and redo any part of my life. I have no regrets.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes...My daughter is a lot like me(chilled). I should have had more kids..lol!!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love my son. However, if I could go back in time , I’d probably have one more. He is our pride and joy.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Hard to say. I mean, I knew that I wasn't exactly in a good place to become a parent when I did, and I still chose to keep the pregnancy. But I am willing to admit that I perhaps way underestimated how difficult it would be. My life could have been so much easier if I never had a kid. If I could go back in time knowing what I know, would I still choose it? Who knows.

Let's put it this way. I always believed that the sum of all our experiences is what makes us who we are, so I like to imagine that I wouldn't change anything. But at the same time, I'm not enough of a hypocrite to pretend like I can't imagine my life if I'd never become a mom or had my son. I absolutely can, and it would have been one hell of an easier life than the one I've had. Better? Probably. Would I take the risk of finding out when I know that the life I have turns out okay in the end? Probably not.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Yes if anything I would have had more. And I would have learned to stand up for my children earlier.
Locked Previous topicNext topic