If someone invites you

Anonymous 1

Unread post

to something and they don't give you an RSVP date, when do you think you should tell them yes or no? Do you think telling them your answer 1 week after they ask is too late?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

As soon as I decide.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:27 pm to something and they don't give you an RSVP date, when do you think you should tell them yes or no? Do you think telling them your answer 1 week after they ask is too late?
As soon as you decide.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I tell them as soon as I decide because there's less than zero chance of me remembering it later if I don't do it immediately.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It depends on the type of event. Clearly you need to RSVP several weeks in advance for a wedding, while a week in advance is probably fine for a child’s party.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would look at our calendar to see if we are free and let them know right away.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:27 pm to something and they don't give you an RSVP date, when do you think you should tell them yes or no? Do you think telling them your answer 1 week after they ask is too late?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It depends on the event and how much notice they gave you.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would respond immediately/within a few days.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Responding to their invite within 1 week of having been asked is IMO not too late. IMO it's never good to ask for a RSVP without also saying "RSVP by X date." By placing the "by" in there, I think you're emphasizing to the guest that you need a response.
Locked Previous topicNext topic