I am not going out of my way to make gluten free vegan meals for one person

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My step daughter announced that she is gluten free and a vegan. She is 16 and I do not think it is a coincidence that she wants to do this right when she met a guy she likes who is also GF and vegan.

I am the main person who cooks in my house mostly because I am home most days and because I love to cook. I make a wide variety of food. I absolutely will not go out of my way to make everything vegan or gluten free. I told SD she needs to pay attention to what I am making and make adjustments as needed. I can save portions for her to not have meat, cheese, or dairy on them but that is about as far as I am willing to go. She needs to pay attention and make sure things are up to her standards. She needs to compensate for the times where it wont be vegan and/or GF and start making some of her own stuff too.

She did not really like my response. Her mom will bend over backwards for her and she kind of just expects me to do the same and I won't. If she wants to make a diet change it is up to her to make sure that happens.

BM said I was being harsh but I am just being realistic. There is no reason a 16 year old can't stay on top of her own diet choices and make some of her own food.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Well this has never been done
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:36 pm Well this has never been done
I'm sure others have gone through this. It seems like food fads is a huge thing with teenagers these days.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Just grill some delicious steaks. And some carrots or something and let her pick which is more appetizing.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If she has an allergy to gluten, you're wrong. If she's trying out the vegan diet, I might try it out with her for a bit. But I wouldn't be making gluten-free stuff just for the sheer hell of it.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:36 pm Well this has never been done
Nope completely original.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I wouldn't cater to anyone's non medical food choices. At 16 she can figure it out.
Also, there are vegan non gluten premade foods in every grocery store in america.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I'd tell her that it's high time she learned how to cook.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:29 pm My step daughter announced that she is gluten free and a vegan. She is 16 and I do not think it is a coincidence that she wants to do this right when she met a guy she likes who is also GF and vegan.

I am the main person who cooks in my house mostly because I am home most days and because I love to cook. I make a wide variety of food. I absolutely will not go out of my way to make everything vegan or gluten free. I told SD she needs to pay attention to what I am making and make adjustments as needed. I can save portions for her to not have meat, cheese, or dairy on them but that is about as far as I am willing to go. She needs to pay attention and make sure things are up to her standards. She needs to compensate for the times where it wont be vegan and/or GF and start making some of her own stuff too.

She did not really like my response. Her mom will bend over backwards for her and she kind of just expects me to do the same and I won't. If she wants to make a diet change it is up to her to make sure that happens.

BM said I was being harsh but I am just being realistic. There is no reason a 16 year old can't stay on top of her own diet choices and make some of her own food.
~Yawn~
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

She'll probably just start making her own dishes. Don't even worry about it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic