Christmas is all about the gifts in my family

WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:21 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:52 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:48 pm

So where do you put them? Here they wont pick up your trashcans unless they are out in the road.
The snow wasn't a big surprise. Don't want them to get hit move them.
Okay you have six foot high snow banks it is snowing when you leave for work. What we are told to do here is clear a section close to the road for your garbage, blue bins, and green bin. You are at work the garbage truck comes around you have no control where these guys put the items nor do you have control about the wind. Plow then comes around and takes out your bins because the street has turned into a game of dodge the recycling bins. How do you move them when you are at work?
Buy new ones. You can't expect the plows to plow around them.
I shit glitter
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So where do you put them? Here they wont pick up your trashcans unless they are out in the road.
Okay you have six foot high snow banks it is snowing when you leave for work. What we are told to do here is clear a section close to the road for your garbage, blue bins, and green bin. You are at work the garbage truck comes around you have no control where these guys put the items nor do you have control about the wind. Plow then comes around and takes out your bins because the street has turned into a game of dodge the recycling bins. How do you move them when you are at work?
I shit glitter
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I shit glitter
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I shit glitter
Anonymous 3

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:45 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:42 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:29 am

Leaving stuff at the end of the driveway is stupid. It be their own fault.
Where else are you supposed to put your trash cans on trash day. Our asshole trash guys throw our cans in the street all the time. I've lost a can to a plow before thanks to them. We weren't home when the trash guys came and came home to a mangled can. That's not how they find them so why throw them in the street. I go out and put them away after they come when I'm home but sometimes that's not possible. When it snows alot and they plow before we get the trash out we often have no where to put them because there is huge mounds of snow from shoveling the drive plus the pile from the plow so you have to leave them in the driveway
Not close to the road where plows are plowing that's for sure.
That's where we're supposed to put them our trash guys won't pickup if they aren't at the curb.. It's the morons loading the truck that chuck them in the road to be ran over. Our cans are in our grass next to our mailbox at the end of our driveway on trash day no plow should ever be on our lawn. Our street has no sidewalks So you just leave your trash cans near your house and they walk all the way up your driveway to get them? People park on the street here too as many older houses don't have garages and driveways. Plows manage to clean the road and bury those cars just fine lol. Some bigger cities have parking bans but ours doesn't except on leaf pickup day.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:27 pm
Every week? You expect every resident to buy new ones? Because city workers can't set a can or bin down where they got it from? Then next city worker comes buy and sees the mess his fellow city workers left and instead of letting their boss know he just plows right over them.. I don't know about you but I pay taxes which pays their paychecks I expect them to do their jobs and not act like assholes tossing my trash cans in the road. And yes I have seen them do it. We have to buy our containers from the city and they are ridiculously expensive. I'm not replacing them every week because some moron can't set it on the curb where he got it. I doubt you would either.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pretty much everything is more meaningful than getting gifts. Holidays for us are about spending time with family and doing something that has been a tradition for generations. Last Rosh Hashanah my father brought some prayer books that have been in our family since the 1800’s for us to look at. It was a way of realizing that what we were celebrating is a part of our history, not just a family meal. No gifts required.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:00 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:57 am If that’s what makes you happy, cool.
Fortunately, we don’t have any holidays that center around gifts, so it’s about deeper and more meaningful things than getting stuff.
What would you consider deeper and more meaningful?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

We have family dinner every week which is something passed on for generations. You don't need to have a holiday to have family time or traditions. A holiday shouldn't be needed for deeper or meaningful.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:04 pm Pretty much everything is more meaningful than getting gifts. Holidays for us are about spending time with family and doing something that has been a tradition for generations. Last Rosh Hashanah my father brought some prayer books that have been in our family since the 1800’s for us to look at. It was a way of realizing that what we were celebrating is a part of our history, not just a family meal. No gifts required.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:57 am If that’s what makes you happy, cool.
Fortunately, we don’t have any holidays that center around gifts, so it’s about deeper and more meaningful things than getting stuff.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We have family meals every week as well. Still, our holidays aren’t about gifts and there’s no reason to pity that. We enjoy them a lot. They are deeper than our weekly meals and give us much more than material things.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:08 pm We have family dinner every week which is something passed on for generations. You don't need to have a holiday to have family time or traditions. A holiday shouldn't be needed for deeper or meaningful.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:04 pm Pretty much everything is more meaningful than getting gifts. Holidays for us are about spending time with family and doing something that has been a tradition for generations. Last Rosh Hashanah my father brought some prayer books that have been in our family since the 1800’s for us to look at. It was a way of realizing that what we were celebrating is a part of our history, not just a family meal. No gifts required.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Where did I say anything about pity? Seems like you are making stuff up in your head.
There is nothing wrong with one holiday being about gifts. Nothing at all.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 pm We have family meals every week as well. Still, our holidays aren’t about gifts and there’s no reason to pity that. We enjoy them a lot. They are deeper than our weekly meals.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:08 pm We have family dinner every week which is something passed on for generations. You don't need to have a holiday to have family time or traditions. A holiday shouldn't be needed for deeper or meaningful.

Locked Previous topicNext topic