Christmas is all about the gifts in my family

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wasn’t talking about you. It was a general statement because it was said on another post.
And I do think it’s sad to have a holiday be about gifts. Especially when it’s supposed about celebrating something bigger. If we made Hanukkah about gifts, it would lose all its meaning and it would be a really thing. But that’s a personal opinion of mine. You’re free to disagree with it, that’s OK.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 pm Where did I say anything about pity? Seems like you are making stuff up in your head.
There is nothing wrong with one holiday being about gifts. Nothing at all.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 pm We have family meals every week as well. Still, our holidays aren’t about gifts and there’s no reason to pity that. We enjoy them a lot. They are deeper than our weekly meals.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:08 pm We have family dinner every week which is something passed on for generations. You don't need to have a holiday to have family time or traditions. A holiday shouldn't be needed for deeper or meaningful.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Who are you to tell someone what their holiday should be about? It isn't a religious thing for us so you are comparing apples to oranges.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm I wasn’t talking about you. It was a general statement because it was said on another post.
And I do think it’s sad to have a holiday be about gifts. Especially when it’s supposed about celebrating something bigger. If we made Hanukkah about gifts, it would lose all its meaning and it would be a really thing. But that’s a personal opinion of mine. You’re free to disagree with it, that’s OK.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 pm Where did I say anything about pity? Seems like you are making stuff up in your head.
There is nothing wrong with one holiday being about gifts. Nothing at all.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 pm We have family meals every week as well. Still, our holidays aren’t about gifts and there’s no reason to pity that. We enjoy them a lot. They are deeper than our weekly meals.

Deleted User 638

Unread post

Nothing wrong with that.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

What? Is it snowing where you're at? And the plows are hitting people's trash cans?
LOL
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:41 am I'm trolling FB people are complaining the plows hit their trash cans.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Christmas IS about giving gifts. You just have to turn on the tv or browse the interwebs to figure that out. It wouldn't be horribly commercialized if the vast majority of people weren't buying stuff.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

What the heck did I miss? How did this post become about trash cans and snow plows?
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Same for us. Holidays are pretty much food, pretty decorations, and gifts.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:36 pm What? Is it snowing where you're at? And the plows are hitting people's trash cans?
LOL
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:41 am I'm trolling FB people are complaining the plows hit their trash cans.
People complain about everything.

It amazes me how much information they share publicly.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Cool
Anonymous 4

Unread post

How you do Christmas or even if you do Christmas is entirely up to you. Celebrate the holiday or don't celebrate the holiday. And let others do the same.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:59 pm We aren't* religious, we see family at least weekly, and we help others all throughout the year. Christmas is just an excuse to buy gifts and give them to each other. It's amazing and we have a blast every year.
Locked Previous topicNext topic