How much down time

Anonymous 1

Unread post

do you need for yourself? I work PT but I truly enjoy my days off when the kids are at school. I hate having plans days in a row. If I have to, I would prefer to have a day in between plans to just chill. What about you?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

More than I get.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I only work until 1:30 so I take a nap almost everyday after work before my kids get home from school. That’s my me time.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, I work 6 hours a day 5 days a week. In some ways it's perfect because it gets me out of the house without taking all of my time. But even still I feel like I need a day here and there to just be me.

Like this past weekend, Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun, I didn't work but I was busy with stuff every single day. It was fun but exhausting. Monday came around and I could tell I was coming down with a head cold. Could I have still gone into work? Sure. But I was feeling exhausted from the previous 4 days and not feeling myself with the cold so I called in sick. I spent some of the day getting things done that I don't normally have time for, and the rest of the day just relaxing for me. It was great.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I go go go. Always doing something.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Down time? What on earth is that? Yeah I would say five minutes a day.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah, I used to never get downtime either but now that I do, I crave it! I think it's extremely important too.
highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am Down time? What on earth is that? Yeah I would say five minutes a day.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

yeah even when it's fun stuff, it can get exhausting!
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 am Well, I work 6 hours a day 5 days a week. In some ways it's perfect because it gets me out of the house without taking all of my time. But even still I feel like I need a day here and there to just be me.

Like this past weekend, Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun, I didn't work but I was busy with stuff every single day. It was fun but exhausting. Monday came around and I could tell I was coming down with a head cold. Could I have still gone into work? Sure. But I was feeling exhausted from the previous 4 days and not feeling myself with the cold so I called in sick. I spent some of the day getting things done that I don't normally have time for, and the rest of the day just relaxing for me. It was great.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:16 pm Yeah, I used to never get downtime either but now that I do, I crave it! I think it's extremely important too.
highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am Down time? What on earth is that? Yeah I would say five minutes a day.
Between work, cleaning, dinner, taking DS to activities, weekend games, travelling to weekend games, Christmas stuff, the dog, the list seems never ending.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah that sounds extremely busy! One reason we won't get a dog again..we used to have 2 big dogs but they passed away from old age. My kids' activities are mostly through the week and not on the weekends anymore (except plans with their friends).
highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:16 pm Yeah, I used to never get downtime either but now that I do, I crave it! I think it's extremely important too.
Between work, cleaning, dinner, taking DS to activities, weekend games, travelling to weekend games, Christmas stuff, the dog, the list seems never ending.
Locked Previous topicNext topic