Those who do a frugal Christmas

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I suppose by most standards we do a frugal Christmas. We spend less by buying less. Smaller toys/items they ask for go in the stocking along with candy. Kids get one “big” ticket gift and a few other things.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:05 am I don't know why you and so many others seem to think I'm asking WHY instead of HOW. But I'll say it again anyway.

I never spend a fortune on Christmas gifts, I have always kept it under 3k and that's including a tree, all gifts, stockings, decorations, food & drinks. Most years it's well under 3k.

I just admire people who are very frugal.
agander2017 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:55 am Because it's not about the presents. It's about the memories. Why spend a fortune on something that the kids won't even remember, or want to play with this time next year?
Let me say it again, because it's not about the gifts. They aren't going to play with them in a year, or like someone else said, even in a month's time. That's how I do it. I keep that in mind when I see something my son might want. Granted he's 2, but it's not going to change until he's much older. There is no point.

Anonymous 13

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:47 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:45 pm I'm sorry. I'm still interested in learning tips & tricks, even from those who use them out of necessity.
iamanon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:41 pm Well, most of us do it because we can't afford more.
hmmm..tips and tricks?
You just don't spend the money.
I'm guessing there is nothing you, your kids, your family, your friends NEED.
You can only afford to buy needs for Christmas?
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We are doing a small Christmas this year. Our kids are also older teens and adults. Youngest DD is the only one at home (16) and she has already gotten her two bigger gifts, a ROKU and a replacement cell phone because I wanted to give them to her and because she needs a cell for when we are at work and she is at home (homeschooled). Her old phone died two days ago lol. She is also getting the weighted blanket she wanted and some board games.
The older kids are getting small fun presents. The grandkids are getting small fun presents.
Locked Previous topicNext topic