Not contributing to Thanksgiving meal but taking good without asking

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hosted Thanksgiving. I asked my sister to bring something. She agreed to bring a veggie tray, drinks, and rolls. She showed up with cheap rolls and that’s it. When she left she took a tray of pie with her without asking and some drinks.

I found it very rude. I’m not going to host her for Thanksgiving again. She never hosts holidays at her house. Her and her husband make more than my household too.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Jesus! WFC???
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Is your sister my mother?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Some people are rude. Hope you had a nice day anyway. :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

:lol:
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:43 pm Is your sister my mother?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not something I'd get my panties in a wad over.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wouldn't care about what sort of rolls she contributed. But her taking drinks that she didn't provide is odd. And who takes anything without asking? By any chance did she take desserts because everyone else was?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:25 pm I hosted Thanksgiving. I asked my sister to bring something. She agreed to bring a veggie tray, drinks, and rolls. She showed up with cheap rolls and that’s it. When she left she took a tray of pie with her without asking and some drinks.

I found it very rude. I’m not going to host her for Thanksgiving again. She never hosts holidays at her house. Her and her husband make more than my household too.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

What exactly did you say to her when she showed up with just the rolls? Did you ask her about the other stuff she was suppose to bring? I would have asked if she needed help bringing it in from her car.
And then when she left I would have asked her why she needed a tray of pie, and would have reminded her that other guests were looking forward to their share of the leftovers.
Next year I would be very clear about my expectations as they relate to her contributions and withdrawals.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:44 pm Not something I'd get my panties in a wad over.
Me either. It’s a flipping pie 😂
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

What do you mean she took drinks? Like she put soda cans in her purse?
Locked Previous topicNext topic