How I forever and ever ruined Mils Christmas

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This happened many years ago when my children were all under six . The Santa thread reminded me of it. ..we had finally found really good jobs in oir hometown and moved back. So we hadn't celebrated Christmas with them and we still wont until this day....Our traditions were/are we decorate the tree on the 23rd. On the 24th we have our big meal and afterwords open presents. Then on the 25th we attend Christmas Mass and eat a lunch of leftovers then we take down the tree. Well oir first Christmas at home we were at mass when Mil dropped by. No big deal. She just left a note and said she would come back that afternoon. Well she arrived closer to evening and the tree and all decorations were pit back in the attic.we were all in our PJs watching The nightmare before Christmas. She trew the biggest tantrum I jave ever seen in my life. I had never seen a grown person act that way. Imagine a "Karen" times 10. She told us in front of oir children since she wasnt able to watch the kids open Santa gifts (WTF) that she wouldnt be giving our kids any Christmas gifts. We just let the little tantrum blow through and she eventually left. She has never bought my children another present again. Not for Christmas,birthdays or even HS graduation. But every year she sends us a wish list of presents that she wants for every occassion. Needless to say she gets shit. So thats how I personally (nevermind her son was the one who started the tradition) has totally ruined all the holidays for her. We eat a late breakfast with her on New Years day at Waffle House and call it good
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wow why wouldn't she just have you over for dinner or something while her house was decorated!?
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:03 pm This happened many years ago when my children were all under six . The Santa thread reminded me of it. ..we had finally found really good jobs in oir hometown and moved back. So we hadn't celebrated Christmas with them and we still wont until this day....Our traditions were/are we decorate the tree on the 23rd. On the 24th we have our big meal and afterwords open presents. Then on the 25th we attend Christmas Mass and eat a lunch of leftovers then we take down the tree. Well oir first Christmas at home we were at mass when Mil dropped by. No big deal. She just left a note and said she would come back that afternoon. Well she arrived closer to evening and the tree and all decorations were pit back in the attic.we were all in our PJs watching The nightmare before Christmas. She trew the biggest tantrum I jave ever seen in my life. I had never seen a grown person act that way. Imagine a "Karen" times 10. She told us in front of oir children since she wasnt able to watch the kids open Santa gifts (WTF) that she wouldnt be giving our kids any Christmas gifts. We just let the little tantrum blow through and she eventually left. She has never bought my children another present again. Not for Christmas,birthdays or even HS graduation. But every year she sends us a wish list of presents that she wants for every occassion. Needless to say she gets shit. So thats how I personally (nevermind her son was the one who started the tradition) has totally ruined all the holidays for her. We eat a late breakfast with her on New Years day at Waffle House and call it good
*our

;)
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Been reading the Little Fir Tree where the children take all the toys off of it on Christmas Day or something? Because no one since Hans Christians Anderson's time EVER takes down their tree Christmas day especially knowing company's coming. We do ours on the 12th day- January 6. And mil just decides to stop by knowing nothing of your traditions. Doesn't ask, isn't invited, nothing. But sure carry on.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:03 pm This happened many years ago when my children were all under six . The Santa thread reminded me of it. ..we had finally found really good jobs in oir hometown and moved back. So we hadn't celebrated Christmas with them and we still wont until this day....Our traditions were/are we decorate the tree on the 23rd. On the 24th we have our big meal and afterwords open presents. Then on the 25th we attend Christmas Mass and eat a lunch of leftovers then we take down the tree. Well oir first Christmas at home we were at mass when Mil dropped by. No big deal. She just left a note and said she would come back that afternoon. Well she arrived closer to evening and the tree and all decorations were pit back in the attic.we were all in our PJs watching The nightmare before Christmas. She trew the biggest tantrum I jave ever seen in my life. I had never seen a grown person act that way. Imagine a "Karen" times 10. She told us in front of oir children since she wasnt able to watch the kids open Santa gifts (WTF) that she wouldnt be giving our kids any Christmas gifts. We just let the little tantrum blow through and she eventually left. She has never bought my children another present again. Not for Christmas,birthdays or even HS graduation. But every year she sends us a wish list of presents that she wants for every occassion. Needless to say she gets shit. So thats how I personally (nevermind her son was the one who started the tradition) has totally ruined all the holidays for her. We eat a late breakfast with her on New Years day at Waffle House and call it good
Yeah right, this never happened.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is a cute little troll story.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:48 pm This is a cute little troll story.
Idk some of these stories i feel like I'm dealing with yds when he was little and told a lie. My favorite is the time he told me the wind blew his homework out of his backpack. Things like that. I'd say "son... really? You really think I'm that stupid? Maybe I look it but I'm not..."
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:12 pm
*our

;)
That was the worst part of the whole thing, reading that one word over and over again.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Why even bother with the Christmas tree if you only have it up for 2 days? ARe you OCD or something?
Locked Previous topicNext topic