What would you want to know

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As a babysitter? All of our past sitters have been long-time family friends, so we didn't have to tell them much about the kids. We moved and have a new sitter coming tomorrow night. I'm leaving her a cheat sheet, so far I have emergency contacts, our house rules and things she can do if they are broken, medical information, little quirks about the kids that she should know about (like my 3-year-old has a habit of locking doors that we are working on, so keep a coin in your pocket to pop the lock if needed). I know with five kids, it can be hard to remember everything the first time, so it's just stuff that I would want to know if I was watching kids. What are things you wish the parents told you if you ever babysat? What would you add?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:20 pm As a babysitter? All of our past sitters have been long-time family friends, so we didn't have to tell them much about the kids. We moved and have a new sitter coming tomorrow night. I'm leaving her a cheat sheet, so far I have emergency contacts, our house rules and things she can do if they are broken, medical information, little quirks about the kids that she should know about (like my 3-year-old has a habit of locking doors that we are working on, so keep a coin in your pocket to pop the lock if needed). I know with five kids, it can be hard to remember everything the first time, so it's just stuff that I would want to know if I was watching kids. What are things you wish the parents told you if you ever babysat? What would you add?
Make sure you tell her that shark pups eat fish, mollusks, crustaceans, krill, marine mammals and plankton. She should also feed them 1 to 3% of their body weight at least twice a day
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If you just moved there, how long have you known this new person who will be babysitting your kids?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:30 pm If you just moved there, how long have you known this new person who will be babysitting your kids?
I moved here a few months ago. This sitter has watched my friend's kids for years, comes with a clean background check on care.com, and has a ton of great references.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

That babysitting for you would be an easy job.

I wish I could get a job babysitting fake kids.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:20 pm As a babysitter? All of our past sitters have been long-time family friends, so we didn't have to tell them much about the kids. We moved and have a new sitter coming tomorrow night. I'm leaving her a cheat sheet, so far I have emergency contacts, our house rules and things she can do if they are broken, medical information, little quirks about the kids that she should know about (like my 3-year-old has a habit of locking doors that we are working on, so keep a coin in your pocket to pop the lock if needed). I know with five kids, it can be hard to remember everything the first time, so it's just stuff that I would want to know if I was watching kids. What are things you wish the parents told you if you ever babysat? What would you add?
Make sure you tell her that shark pups eat fish, mollusks, crustaceans, krill, marine mammals and plankton. She should also feed them 1 to 3% of their body weight at least twice a day
Thank you for making me choke on my food.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You lost me at popping the lock with a coin. As a teenager I'd be going no I don't think so. Can't you just get non locking doorknobs or tape over the strike plate so the door won't catch?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:01 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Thank you for making me choke on my food.
My apologies :lol:
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:44 pm You lost me at popping the lock with a coin. As a teenager I'd be going no I don't think so. Can't you just get non locking doorknobs or tape over the strike plate so the door won't catch?
She has these door knobs, the inside has the turn knob that the kid can turn and lick the door. On the outside instead of a key to unlock it there's a button with a slot. You can use a coin or a butter knife to turn the button to unlock the door
Attachments
LIT_279X217-house&home-exterior-door-locks_InteriorDoorLocks.jpeg
LIT_279X217-house&home-exterior-door-locks_InteriorDoorLocks.jpeg (9.77 KiB) Viewed 248 times
interior-door-lock-types-locks.jpg
interior-door-lock-types-locks.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:44 pm You lost me at popping the lock with a coin. As a teenager I'd be going no I don't think so. Can't you just get non locking doorknobs or tape over the strike plate so the door won't catch?
The sitter isn't a teenager. It's a rental so we can't change the doorknobs and since it take literally one second to unlock the door, we'd rather teach our son not to do that than tape up all the doors.
Locked Previous topicNext topic