What would you want to know

KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:55 pm That babysitting for you would be an easy job.

I wish I could get a job babysitting fake kids.
OMG.

Lmfao!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You are so way overthinking this...just leave a contact number for the babysitter and let her do her thing with the kids. And If I were your babysitter, the damn doors would be taped up.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:55 pm That babysitting for you would be an easy job.

I wish I could get a job babysitting fake kids.
Ha!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Honestly, as a caregiver, if someone gave me a list of rules, I would "nope" out of there so fast...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:00 am
Pjmm wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:44 pm You lost me at popping the lock with a coin. As a teenager I'd be going no I don't think so. Can't you just get non locking doorknobs or tape over the strike plate so the door won't catch?
She has these door knobs, the inside has the turn knob that the kid can turn and lick the door. On the outside instead of a key to unlock it there's a button with a slot. You can use a coin or a butter knife to turn the button to unlock the door
I know what she has. I have them too. I guess they're really not that annoying but as a teenager I might have thought so.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think you covered everything. I would be okay with contact info, knowing any extreme behavior issues(locking doors, starting fires...)
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I never had a list of instructions for babysitters. I gave them a number where I could be reached and I never had a problem.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:29 am Honestly, as a caregiver, if someone gave me a list of rules, I would "nope" out of there so fast...
Why would you not want to know what the kids are and are not allowed to do? I sure do when I watch someone's kid.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:46 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:00 am
Pjmm wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:44 pm You lost me at popping the lock with a coin. As a teenager I'd be going no I don't think so. Can't you just get non locking doorknobs or tape over the strike plate so the door won't catch?
She has these door knobs, the inside has the turn knob that the kid can turn and lick the door. On the outside instead of a key to unlock it there's a button with a slot. You can use a coin or a butter knife to turn the button to unlock the door
I know what she has. I have them too. I guess they're really not that annoying but as a teenager I might have thought so.
The sitter isn't a teenager. I wouldn't hire a teenager.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LMAOOOOOOOO
You are bad :lol:

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:20 pm As a babysitter? All of our past sitters have been long-time family friends, so we didn't have to tell them much about the kids. We moved and have a new sitter coming tomorrow night. I'm leaving her a cheat sheet, so far I have emergency contacts, our house rules and things she can do if they are broken, medical information, little quirks about the kids that she should know about (like my 3-year-old has a habit of locking doors that we are working on, so keep a coin in your pocket to pop the lock if needed). I know with five kids, it can be hard to remember everything the first time, so it's just stuff that I would want to know if I was watching kids. What are things you wish the parents told you if you ever babysat? What would you add?
Make sure you tell her that shark pups eat fish, mollusks, crustaceans, krill, marine mammals and plankton. She should also feed them 1 to 3% of their body weight at least twice a day
Locked Previous topicNext topic