I'm done

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:49 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:29 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:08 am Once you’re divorced there’s no reason to attend events like that. Especially if there is a new SO in the picture. It’s awkward and rude af imo. I wonder if they’re doing it to be spiteful or they genuinely don’t get it. My husband was furious when he found out MIL and SIL were still hanging out with his ex wife and she wasn’t even invited to events.
Which speaks volumes about him, what kind of person he is and what kind of husband he was to her. The current wife doesn't typically have the true story of what went on with the ex wife. They are totally willing to believe whatever lies he tells that makes him look good while painting the ex as a bitch. I can't believe so many stupidly buy into that but it happens every day. Desperate to have a man I suppose.
She cheated on him and married his best friend. Mil and myself know the whole story. I didn’t even care, he did. If someone did that to my son or brother I wouldn’t even acknowledge her existence anymore. It’s water under the bride and no one talks to her now. They didn’t even have kids. I’m still of the belief that exes are no longer invited to things. It’s part of divorce... I’ve never been desperate for a man, lol. Ever. I know how to take care of myself. Never needed anyone really. And DH never really even talked about his ex so no stories or lies there.
That makes no sense. If MIL supposedly knows the "story". Then why would she continue to hang out with the ex?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Well said.

I'm certain that what some members say they would do isn't necessarily what they would do. What they say they would tolerate, for the good of their child, might not necessarily be what they would tolerate if it was them that had to tolerate it.

Unless they've been in the exact situation, know the whole story, and know all the parties involved, they can't really know what the best course of action might be. There are many ways that OP could manage these moments. If I were her, I would take in all this advice and then make a decision that she thinks will bring her the most amount of peace.

Anonymous 12 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:59 pm Just another way most of the members show how hypocritical they are. You should go & deal with an ex wife but cherry trees doesnt have to go & deal with an older brother. I'm sure they will have their excuses, why they feel each way with the different circumstances but the truth is , they all just talk out of their asses. 😂😂
Anonymous 3

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Which speaks volumes about him, what kind of person he is and what kind of husband he was to her. The current wife doesn't typically have the true story of what went on with the ex wife. They are totally willing to believe whatever lies he tells that makes him look good while painting the ex as a bitch. I can't believe so many stupidly buy into that but it happens every day. Desperate to have a man I suppose.
She cheated on him and married his best friend. Mil and myself know the whole story. I didn’t even care, he did. If someone did that to my son or brother I wouldn’t even acknowledge her existence anymore. It’s water under the bride and no one talks to her now. They didn’t even have kids. I’m still of the belief that exes are no longer invited to things. It’s part of divorce... I’ve never been desperate for a man, lol. Ever. I know how to take care of myself. Never needed anyone really. And DH never really even talked about his ex so no stories or lies there.
That makes no sense. If MIL supposedly knows the "story". Then why would she continue to hang out with the ex?
I don’t know and that’s why DH was so mad. This was over 10 years ago and as far as he knows they don’t talk. It has never come up again and is no longer discussed. She was around for a long time. Maybe that’s why. I don’t even know what she looks like or her last name. I truly do not care but DH did.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Drama llama it's about the only thing you seem to have going on in your life. Drama here, drama there, family drama, tenant drama, dumbass drama, boyfriend drama, having a baby you don't want with someone you claim to hate drama.

There's 1 constant in all that drama. Can you guess what it is?

It's YOU! Because you're a drama llama.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

LOL.

Made me think of this:

:lol:
Anonymous 13 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:21 pm Drama llama it's about the only thing you seem to have going on in your life. Drama here, drama there, family drama, tenant drama, dumbass drama, boyfriend drama, having a baby you don't want with someone you claim to hate drama.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Because that's how things work in Trollville. Things get made up to counter valid points.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You should go and meet his mom so she can at least meet her grandson. Ignore the ex-wife if at all possible.
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:43 am I am no longer attending my SO family events. His ex wife shows up at everything and for the last few years I either didn't go because I wasn't interested or I went and dealt with it. I get why some ex still attend events but now I feel like she is going overboard. His niece had a 1st birthday party for her kid yesterday and sure enough his ex wife was there when we arrive. She is always super early so no matter what time we get to any event, she is already there. I hate that I can never get comfortable because she is always watching me, him or our son. And she goes out of her way to keep a conversation going with me. Since their kids are grown we were certain that this would be the 1 event that she would not attend but nope. My SO said she doesn't understand social boundaries so expect her to be at everything. GREAT so his ex is exactly like him. They are all odd and I will be skipping the Christmas dinner. His mom never made it into town for Halloween so she wants to meet me and our son for the first time at Christmas dinner. His sister is hosting it and she said all of the grandkids will be there so that means his ex will likely be there with their grown kids. The dinner will be way too intimate for me so I'm skipping it. I don't feel comfortable sitting at a table and discussing my life in front of his ex.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:56 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:10 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:49 am

She's very nosey. She even took it upon herself to contact my minor son on social media and tell him that I was having a new baby.
yes 😑

You are having a baby?!?
Congrats 🎉 👶
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:35 pm LOL.

Made me think of this:

Anonymous 13 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:21 pm Drama llama it's about the only thing you seem to have going on in your life. Drama here, drama there, family drama, tenant drama, dumbass drama, boyfriend drama, having a baby you don't want with someone you claim to hate drama.

That is a funny title!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Isn't it?! It's a cute book, though. One of my kids' favorites. :)
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:21 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:35 pm LOL.

Made me think of this:

That is a funny title!
Locked Previous topicNext topic