Neighbor Drama - and shhh.. I'm the cause

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So we live in a subdivision, where many people park two cars deep in their drive, resulting in the second car hanging out onto the sidewalk apron.
Meaning... blocking the sidewalk.

This is a big pain in the ass for many with strollers etc. But more of a pain in the ass for people in wheelchairs.

Me? I have neither of those issues and can easily walk around.
However we do have two neighbors in motorized chairs/scooters, one of which I had to help one time because he was stuck in his scooter, between the curb and the car when he tried to go down and around.

He had been walking his dog and if his dog wasn't barking like mad I never would have known something was up. He is capable of getting out and standing but is very unsteady on his feet and couldn't move the scooter himself, which is where I helped him.

In any case I was talking to the neighbor who's house the old guy was stuck at she said that the guy had complained but she didn't care, it was her property as far as she was concerned and he should be driving those "go carts" in the street anyhow.
I brought up the other, a lady in a motorized chair not a scooter and she just shrugged.

So i went home and emailed two local council members, the mayor and the chief of police - all on one email pointing out the ongoing issue.
about 3 weeks later (last night) about 12 of my neighbors, that have been on facebook to discuss it - got tickets. 65 dollars a pop.

Everyone is on a rampage... I'm just enjoying the show. I don't feel bad. I feel justified doing it how I did it, given the anger these people are showing.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I probably would have reported them, too. I hate it when people block the sidewalk.
Kikibix
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I'm disgusted by their indifferent to the problem. It's one thing to do it in ignorance but knowing it's an issue and not caring?! Hopefully bylaws will keep coming by until people get the message.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I hate people who block the sidewalk.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Sounds like your neighbors are assholes.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’m with you on this. I’m in a cul de sac and the damn neighbors have too many cars so they always park one on the street in front of my house. They block my mailbox and mail lady will not deliver. It’s annoying as hell.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When I would walk everywhere with DS in his stroller it was such a pain. Thankfully people in my area now don't seem to do that.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Thank heavens most people here have at least 6 car driveways. I can't even imagine only being able to park one car in my own driveway. We also don't have sidewalks so it would be a non issue so nothing I can personally say I have seen or experienced.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:25 pm So we live in a subdivision, where many people park two cars deep in their drive, resulting in the second car hanging out onto the sidewalk apron.
Meaning... blocking the sidewalk.

This is a big pain in the ass for many with strollers etc. But more of a pain in the ass for people in wheelchairs.

Me? I have neither of those issues and can easily walk around.
However we do have two neighbors in motorized chairs/scooters, one of which I had to help one time because he was stuck in his scooter, between the curb and the car when he tried to go down and around.

He had been walking his dog and if his dog wasn't barking like mad I never would have known something was up. He is capable of getting out and standing but is very unsteady on his feet and couldn't move the scooter himself, which is where I helped him.

In any case I was talking to the neighbor who's house the old guy was stuck at she said that the guy had complained but she didn't care, it was her property as far as she was concerned and he should be driving those "go carts" in the street anyhow.
I brought up the other, a lady in a motorized chair not a scooter and she just shrugged.

So i went home and emailed two local council members, the mayor and the chief of police - all on one email pointing out the ongoing issue.
about 3 weeks later (last night) about 12 of my neighbors, that have been on facebook to discuss it - got tickets. 65 dollars a pop.

Everyone is on a rampage... I'm just enjoying the show. I don't feel bad. I feel justified doing it how I did it, given the anger these people are showing.

Here the sanitation department and the police give tickets to anyone blocking a public sidewalk, the tickets are 150 each.
A few years ago we had a family move into the neighborhood that had 3 cars. The son would actually park on the sidewalk in front of their house, lol
Several neighbors told them he would be ticketed and towed because you cant block the sidewalk like that here. They thought they were immune and could do whatever they wanted. So every evening when he came home, all the neighbors would make a report. Every morming he would have 2 tickets on the car....300 a day in tickets. The jackass would rip up both tickets every morning and throw them on the ground. The neighbor that lives on their left has cameras everywhere on her property and all of this was on the camera footage.
Starting the next monday the kid would have 3 tickets on the car every morning, 2 for blocking the sidewalk (300l and one for littering (50.00). This went one for 1 month. On the 31st morning the kid walked outside and his car was gone, it had been towed for unpaid parking tickets. In one months time he accrued 9100 in tickets for illegally blocking a public sidewalk and littering.
The best part is that all 3 cars were in the fathers name and the other 2 cars were booted because all 3 cars were owned by the same person, haha They had to pay the entire amount 9100/tickets, 250 sons tow/175 ×2 boot fees.....9700, almost 10,000 just for being entitled jackasses.
OP, if all of the neighbors band together, you can fix this issue pretty fast. Every single house needs to call or email in a report every single day, several times a day would be better. The police are going to get sick and tired of dealing with this really fast and step up to rectify the situation asap.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Wow, I guess I'm just not into drama. I dont spend my time worrying about what others are doing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic