Unpaid lunch bill = No school events for you!

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. It’s very easy to say “free lunch for all!” but then who’s going to pay for it? Because I’m sure those saying that aren’t too quick to pay for other kids’ lunches.
I feel bad that kids have to suffer the consequences for their parents’ negligence, but I also understand that it’s the only way to force people to pay up. There’s no way they can make parents face consequences if it’s not through the kids, unfortunately.
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:52 pm Free food for all is obviously not something every school can do. I'm always amazed so many think that is the answer. We hear all the time how schools don't even have the funding they need, so how in the world can they feed up several have hundred students for free? People need to be responsible for children they make. I grew up poor as hell and my parents managed to put lunch in a bag o get our lunch paid for, even when we didn't qualify for the reduced lunch program by a few dollars. Not everyone has the responsibility mindset though. It's too damn easy to let everyone else take up the slack now days.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:15 pm I agree. It’s very easy to say “free lunch for all!” but then who’s going to pay for it? Because I’m sure those saying that aren’t too quick to pay for other kids’ lunches.
I feel bad that kids have to suffer the consequences for their parents’ negligence, but I also understand that it’s the only way to force people to pay up. There’s no way they can make parents face consequences if it’s not through the kids, unfortunately.
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:52 pm Free food for all is obviously not something every school can do. I'm always amazed so many think that is the answer. We hear all the time how schools don't even have the funding they need, so how in the world can they feed up several have hundred students for free? People need to be responsible for children they make. I grew up poor as hell and my parents managed to put lunch in a bag o get our lunch paid for, even when we didn't qualify for the reduced lunch program by a few dollars. Not everyone has the responsibility mindset though. It's too damn easy to let everyone else take up the slack now days.

I wonder what aspect of their child's education they'd be willing to shortchange so that the money could be diverted to making lunch free for all the children.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

If the parents either can't or won't pay for food for their children, which is an actual necessity, why would it go unnoticed that they can turn around and make sure they can pay for the fun stuff?

Secondly, schools are supposed to educate children, not be a resource for food. Especially when the family doesn't even qualify for free lunch in the first place.

People, if you think this is all so unfair, pull out your own checkbook and pay these lunch tabs for the students who have balances. Post the links for the charities you've created. Be a solution to the issue you think it's so unfair.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:43 pm
I wish I could like this a million times!

Perfectly said.

The people who say things should be free are delusional. They are also the ones who are not paying for all the "free stuff".
Seriously, nothing is free. It's absolutely being paid for even if it's not by those consuming it.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The kids are the victims, unfortunately, because of their parents not doing what they should.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:15 pm I agree. It’s very easy to say “free lunch for all!” but then who’s going to pay for it? Because I’m sure those saying that aren’t too quick to pay for other kids’ lunches.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It sucks, but what alternative is there that would make the parents face the consequences that doesn’t affect the children? I’m hoping most parents wouldn’t want to do that to their children and therefore would be more willing to pay.
wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:06 am The kids are the victims, unfortunately, because of their parents not doing what they should.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hopefully this will motivate them. I don't have tons of hope though considering how far this has gotten.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:47 am It sucks, but what alternative is there that would make the parents face the consequences that doesn’t affect the children? I’m hoping most parents wouldn’t want to do that to their children and therefore would be more willing to pay.
wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:06 am The kids are the victims, unfortunately, because of their parents not doing what they should.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Excellent point.
Anonymous 11 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:56 pm

I wonder what aspect of their child's education they'd be willing to shortchange so that the money could be diverted to making lunch free for all the children.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I love this, too!

You might be on to something! Maybe the schools could start an fundraiser account/GoFundMe so that anyone who wishes to help settle that large LUNCH DEBT could donate to the cause!

It would be interesting to me to see how many people would donate.

Anonymous 12 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:33 am If the parents either can't or won't pay for food for their children, which is an actual necessity, why would it go unnoticed that they can turn around and make sure they can pay for the fun stuff?

Secondly, schools are supposed to educate children, not be a resource for food. Especially when the family doesn't even qualify for free lunch in the first place.

People, if you think this is all so unfair, pull out your own checkbook and pay these lunch tabs for the students who have balances. Post the links for the charities you've created. Be a solution to the issue you think it's so unfair.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So many people nowadays can’t seem to grasp the concept that just because someone is telling you that something is “free”, it doesn’t make it free. It still costs. Free medicine for all! Free college for all! Free school lunches for all! Those things don’t come free. And if you want free stuff, you got it, but that would mean a severe drop in quality or having to sacrifice other things.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:33 am If the parents either can't or won't pay for food for their children, which is an actual necessity, why would it go unnoticed that they can turn around and make sure they can pay for the fun stuff?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic