Unpaid lunch bill = No school events for you!

Anonymous 9

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:32 am This would piss me. Here you have to pay dues for class trips st the beginning of the year.
Why not do free breakfast and lunch for all? It shouldn't be that hard.
Neither is paying the bill
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They have to do something.

It turns out, money doesn't grow on trees.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:27 pm They have to do something.

It turns out, money doesn't grow on trees.

My father used to say that all the time! :)
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:12 pm
madfoodie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:32 am This would piss me. Here you have to pay dues for class trips st the beginning of the year.
There are people barely above the poverty line. Also where I live is a title 1. That means extra funding due to low socio economic status of the constituents.
When you have 60% of the student population on free or reduced lunch you should give everyone free meals.
i want candy!
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Free food for all is obviously not something every school can do. I'm always amazed so many think that is the answer. We hear all the time how schools don't even have the funding they need, so how in the world can they feed up several have hundred students for free? People need to be responsible for children they make. I grew up poor as hell and my parents managed to put lunch in a bag o get our lunch paid for, even when we didn't qualify for the reduced lunch program by a few dollars. Not everyone has the responsibility mindset though. It's too damn easy to let everyone else take up the slack now days.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I do not have an issue with this as long as it is not Elementary school kids.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Put it on the parent's credit report. Punish the parents. I'm sure those fuckers have money for cigarettes drugs and alcohol
Anonymous 9

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:23 pm
There are people barely above the poverty line. Also where I live is a title 1. That means extra funding due to low socio economic status of the constituents.
When you have 60% of the student population on free or reduced lunch you should give everyone free meals.
They should but as of right now they have to pay. If they can't, they need to pack a lunch
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:52 pm Free food for all is obviously not something every school can do. I'm always amazed so many think that is the answer. We hear all the time how schools don't even have the funding they need, so how in the world can they feed up several have hundred students for free? People need to be responsible for children they make. I grew up poor as hell and my parents managed to put lunch in a bag o get our lunch paid for, even when we didn't qualify for the reduced lunch program by a few dollars. Not everyone has the responsibility mindset though. It's too damn easy to let everyone else take up the slack now days.
I wish I could like this a million times!

Perfectly said.

The people who say things should be free are delusional. They are also the ones who are not paying for all the "free stuff".
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm not opposed to giving all students free lunch. But if it wasn't a lunch bill account that was in arrears, it would be something else.

In this school district, it isn't even the free/reduced lunch families that are in debt to the district. It's families that do have the means to pay but aren't.

Let's say this district did give all students free lunch but now charges an annual Student Activity Fee. If the parents bail on paying that bill, too, should their children be allowed to participate in school activities?
madfoodie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:23 pm
Locked Previous topicNext topic