Unpaid lunch bill = No school events for you!

Anonymous 7

Unread post

'Murica

And y'all put up with this shit???
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I wouldn't be opposed to that. But until that's the case, parents whose kids aren't on the free/reduced lunch program need to pay for what their kids eat.
madfoodie wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:32 am This would piss me. Here you have to pay dues for class trips st the beginning of the year.
Why not do free breakfast and lunch for all? It shouldn't be that hard.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The district in this post has started to send delinquent accounts to collections. At the very least, the bad debt will be showing up on their credit reports. And I think they'll put liens on houses, too, for those delinquent accounts in excess of $1,000.
caustib wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:02 am They need to be able to send the debt to the Attorney General and have it garnished from tax refunds. I bet that would clean up 90% of it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think prisoners should be billed for their cost to society.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:00 pm so, prisoners can get free food, and social activities......

but schoolkids have to miss out due to lunch money

gimme a F***ing break
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:29 pm 'Murica

And y'all put up with this shit???
And just where are you from?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 pm I think it is mean.

I suppose it might be reasonable for high school kids, running up crazy tabs on extravagant take out or something, but some poor elementary kid, missing a field trip, come on! That’s awful.
It is mean. I can't agree with you more. There is so much wrong with that school's decision.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I mean, I get it. They offer a service and that service isn't free.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can understand it because if you can't pay for food you should not be paying for extras like sports, dances, etc. But idk. Seems there might be a better way. When I was in school you didn't get your grade card if you owed any money. Parents could also volunteer to pay off the debt.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Just some food for thought:

REMINDER: The school district is not denying food to any students.
Continue reading:

If a student in any organization outside of school (ie: dance studios, gymnasiums, sports organizations, theater classes) is delinquent on his/her account, that child is denied access to those activities. I'm curious as to what the rationale is behind thinking that it shouldn't be the same when this occurs within a school?
Locked Previous topicNext topic