If you do a Christmas tree

Anonymous 13

Unread post

Sometime on December. We have never had a real tree
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A week before Christmas. This year we might have to do it a little earlier to get a good one, since we moved to the south so I've heard the selection isn't as big. Though my husband will be in PA for work a week beforehand, so maybe he'll get one up there where it's cheaper and bring it down.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The day after Thanksgiving.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:27 pm Sometime in November, often The 2nd, but not this year. I love our Xmas tree, but just have not had time.
I don’t know where the time is going either! We were supposed to put the tree up last weekend but it just didn’t happen. Fingers crossed for this weekend!
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The tree was a dude? I didn't know they came in male and female.

Live or artificial we always leave it up as long as we want. It's a lot of effort to get one up and decorated.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

we start talking about it right after thanksgiving. I put it up just before i start wrapping gifts. Most likely it wont go up until the 23rd. it goes up late and comes down late lol. When the kids were little i would pull it out a week or so before but decorations would go on Christmas eve.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:45 pm One of my son-in-laws mom buys potted xmas trees and plants them in her backyard after xmas. I didn't believe him at first but the lady has a forest of xmas trees on her property behind her house, lol
Blue_Prelude wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:40 pm My birthday is November 15, and my husband doesn’t want to kill trees, so our deal is that we put up our tree the weekend after my birthday.
The first year we were together, we tried a living Christmas tree, but they were just so small and sad! Now I embrace having a fake tree since I get to put it up early...and my cat won’t drink the water.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anywhere from the day after Thanksgiving to a week into December.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

My SIL has the most beautiful Christmas tree every year. And the funny thing is...Every year, she just rolls out the already full decorated tree from the closet she had stored it in all year. After Christmas, she just rolls it back into that closet! :lol:

I think that is the smartest thing! Rolls it out....Then rolls it back. (Reminds me of the movie, "Karate Kid." "Wax on. Wax off." :lol: ) The bottom of her tree looks something like this:

Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:09 pm My SIL has the most beautiful Christmas tree every year. And the funny thing is...Every year, she just rolls out the already full decorated tree from the closet she had stored it in all year. After Christmas, she just rolls it back into that closet! :lol:

I think that is the smartest thing! Rolls it out....Then rolls it back. (Reminds me of the movie, "Karate Kid." "Wax on. Wax off." :lol: ) The bottom of her tree looks something like this:

That's what I do. Makes it so much easier
Locked Previous topicNext topic