If you do a Christmas tree

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:19 pm I typically do all the Christmas decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving. But this year, I finally found & bought a silver tinsel tree & it's already up. I will still do the big regular tree, but now we have 1 big tree, 1 medium tree (silver tinsel tree) and multiple small trees (2 silver ones & a pink one). No I'm not Yuppy mom & I don't do entire rooms around a specific tree. I just have a lot of little trees I scatter around the house. I don't have a "theme" but I do have a color scheme (blue, silver & white). Presents only go under the big green tree.

I am guilty of having a bit of a nutcracker addiction & have been advised that I do not need a nutcracker army. I disagree because you never know when an elf attack could happen.
Yuppymom also had a Nutcracker addiction also, just saying lol
lol I didn't know that. I just thought she had beautiful pictures with an over the top story to go with them. But I'm still not her.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:07 pm The day after thanksgiving.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Sometime after Thanksgiving.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:08 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:19 pm I typically do all the Christmas decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving. But this year, I finally found & bought a silver tinsel tree & it's already up. I will still do the big regular tree, but now we have 1 big tree, 1 medium tree (silver tinsel tree) and multiple small trees (2 silver ones & a pink one). No I'm not Yuppy mom & I don't do entire rooms around a specific tree. I just have a lot of little trees I scatter around the house. I don't have a "theme" but I do have a color scheme (blue, silver & white). Presents only go under the big green tree.

I am guilty of having a bit of a nutcracker addiction & have been advised that I do not need a nutcracker army. I disagree because you never know when an elf attack could happen.
Yuppymom also had a Nutcracker addiction also, just saying lol
lol I didn't know that. I just thought she had beautiful pictures with an over the top story to go with them. But I'm still not her.

I dont think it was hers tho, wasnt she the nanny or something?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sometime in November, often The 2nd, but not this year. I love our Xmas tree, but just have not had time.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If we dont do it next weekend then the first weekend in december
JulesFairy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:34 pm The weekend right after Thanksgiving.

I refuse to put anything Christmasey up before Thanksgiving, but want to enjoy the Christmas decorations as long as I can.
This is exactly my philosophy! Especially since I have birthdays right behind Christmas ( Dec. 26, Jan. 2, and Jan. 4) so we have to transition out of Christmas pretty fast after Christmas Day.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Usually on Thanksgiving night, this year it'll be the weekend before Thanksgiving though.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

JulesFairy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:36 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:34 pm The weekend right after Thanksgiving.

I refuse to put anything Christmasey up before Thanksgiving, but want to enjoy the Christmas decorations as long as I can.
This is exactly my philosophy! Especially since I have birthdays right behind Christmas ( Dec. 26, Jan. 2, and Jan. 4) so we have to transition out of Christmas pretty fast after Christmas Day.
I know how that is. My youngest's birthday is Jan 5th. When we used to celebrate his birthday with Aunts/Uncles/Cousins I would actually schedule it a little later in the month to let everyone recover a bit from the holiday burn out.

And then my oldest's birthday is Oct 20 so they basically bookend the big holiday time of year that is Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We buy a live tree on Black Friday and put it up same day. Decorating is Saturday after it’s settled.

lunarprancer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:57 pm When do you put it up?
Locked Previous topicNext topic