Trying to lose weight

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I lost weight my counting calories. I could still eat sweets just not as many. They also make those 100 calorie candy bars.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:18 am
jas wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:07 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:18 pm Yep. I am hungry. Every. Single. Day, when I stick to my calorie count.
Sugar makes you hungry.
Sure, I get it, that's one thing. I am a huge believer in sugar addiction as well. But I believe more in the the scientific theories that adipose tissue and many other neuro-hormonal agents that are released and active in the in the hypothalamus, pituitary, gut axis make me hungry. I believe leptin resistance and impairment of ghrelin too.

If it was as simple as sugar, damn, that would be awesome, the whole world could be thin & healthy...
Honestly, I have no idea about all that. I just know I cut out all sugar, eat less than 20 carbs a day. I do a 18/6 fast and a month into it, I'm not hungry.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:27 am

Sugar makes you hungry.
Sure, I get it, that's one thing. I am a huge believer in sugar addiction as well. But I believe more in the the scientific theories that adipose tissue and many other neuro-hormonal agents that are released and active in the in the hypothalamus, pituitary, gut axis make me hungry. I believe leptin resistance and impairment of ghrelin too.

If it was as simple as sugar, damn, that would be awesome, the whole world could be thin & healthy...
Honestly, I have no idea about all that. I just know I cut out all sugar, eat less than 20 carbs a day. I do a 18/6 fast and a month into it, I'm not hungry.
I am proud of you, way to go, I hope you can continue.

I gained weight with intermittent fasting. I only did it for about 11 weeks, but I still grew a bit melancholy without my carbs and was extremely hungry counting down the hours until I could eat even in the 3rd month.

I am really trying to work more with meditation & mindfulness to try to stop the "hunger" as dietary changes alone have never really curved that sensation for me.

I have a lot of people in my life that did keto & had fantastic results, but nearly all have gained the weight back, IDK, maintenance is so hard, no matter how it comes off...
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:34 am
jas wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:27 am

I am proud of you, way to go, I hope you can continue.

I gained weight with intermittent fasting. I only did it for about 11 weeks, but I still grew a bit melancholy without my carbs and was extremely hungry counting down the hours until I could eat even in the 3rd month.

I am really trying to work more with meditation & mindfulness to try to stop the "hunger" as dietary changes alone have never really curved that sensation for me.

I have a lot of people in my life that did keto & had fantastic results, but nearly all have gained the weight back, IDK, maintenance is so hard, no matter how it comes off...
Maintenance is a mindset. For me, I was diagnosed as being diabetic. The changes I've made aren't for a month or two - it's pretty much for the rest of my life. I am insulin resistant so I have to eat accordingly.
Best wishes on your journey!
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Complain all you need. If it helps you do this, then by all means.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:07 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:03 am
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:23 am

I stopped eating after 6. I used to love my late night snacks. I’m so hungry at night, it’s so hard, and it makes me grumpy.
I know! I am happier and at peace with carbs, lol. Sometimes, I swear, I was meant to be fat, after about 3 months at 1200-1400 calories a day, even my hair gets grumpy and starts falling, lol, my body thinks it's starving, and clearly, the scales demonstrate I am not.
I think I’m meant to be fat
I sometimes get tired of fighting what feels like a losing battle.
I am much stronger & have much more stamina since I started working out, but I fight for every pound of weight I lose (if I lose any). I’m going to a weight loss clinic to see if they can help
Good luck! I hope the clinic helps
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I hear ya, LiveWhatULove. But I'll tell you...This past summer I cut out ALL ADDED SUGAR from my diet. I don't drink ANYTHING other than a lot of water and 1 cup of coffee per day. Just by cutting out ALL ADDED SUGAR, drinking lots of water, and not eating past 7pm, I dropped 20+ pounds easily.

I am 5'4" and now weigh 115!

Ditch the sugar.
Walk 20 minutes a day. Drink a lot of water. And if you find yourself hungry, eat a tiny oatmeal bar (with no sugar added).

I know you've been working on losing weight for a bit now. I wish you continued success. :)
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:18 pm Yep. I am hungry. Every. Single. Day, when I stick to my calorie count.
Sugar makes you hungry.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:31 pm I hear ya, LiveWhatULove. But I'll tell you...This past summer I cut out ALL ADDED SUGAR from my diet. I don't drink ANYTHING other than a lot of water and 1 cup of coffee per day. Just by cutting out ALL ADDED SUGAR, drinking lots of water, and not eating past 7pm, I dropped 20+ pounds easily.

Ditch the sugar.
Walk 20 minutes a day. Drink a lot of water. And if you find yourself hungry, eat a tiny oatmeal bar (with no sugar added).

I know you've been working on losing weight for a bit now. I wish you continued success. :)

Sugar makes you hungry.

Good for you, I am happy for your health. I get what you are saying...

And I'm not advocating eating sugar or simple carbs is good for ANYBODY, LOL. Just that, I have done the no sugar thing for MONTHS. But I'm still hungry, it never really fades for me.

And girl, 20 minutes, pffff, I walk an hour ... ~4-5 miles everyday, plus I have added stretches -- except today, because it's cold and snowy, LOL...I am whining at my DH to buy the bike trainer that I want through his work, and he is arguing with me for a cheaper model, he's being cheap, lol, but that should help me in the colder days!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

All I know is that you should get the BLUE STAR for true dedication to your weight loss. I know you've been working hard at it for a while! You are my inspiration!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:54 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:31 pm I hear ya, LiveWhatULove. But I'll tell you...This past summer I cut out ALL ADDED SUGAR from my diet. I don't drink ANYTHING other than a lot of water and 1 cup of coffee per day. Just by cutting out ALL ADDED SUGAR, drinking lots of water, and not eating past 7pm, I dropped 20+ pounds easily.

Ditch the sugar.

Good for you, I am happy for your health. I get what you are saying...

And I'm not advocating eating sugar or simple carbs is good for ANYBODY, LOL. Just that, I have done the no sugar thing for MONTHS. But I'm still hungry, it never really fades for me.

And girl, 20 minutes, pffff, I walk an hour ... ~4-5 miles everyday, plus I have added stretches -- except today, because it's cold and snowy, LOL...I am whining at my DH to buy the bike trainer that I want through his work, and he is arguing with me for a cheaper model, he's being cheap, lol, but that should help me in the colder days!
Locked Previous topicNext topic