What are you reading?

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just finished Stephen King's newest book The Institute. Obviously Fiction and ai would put it in the Supernatural horror/ suspense genre. I'll give it 5 stars. I really enjoyed it. I just started Old Bones by Douglass Preston and Lincoln Child. Also a fiction book. It's the first book in a new series for them and I honestly have no idea what it's about yet. I buy everything certain authors put out without even reading the descriptions so when I saw they had something new I bought it. LOL
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'm never read a full book

Minus the kids books I've read to my kids. I think reading us a total waste of time
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The Alienist by Caleb Carr, crime fiction, 4.5/5 stars. I’m enjoying it.

Re-reading the body farm series by Jefferson Base, crime fiction, 5/5 on book 4 Bones of Betrayal.

And re-reading Ender’s Game, Sci-fi, 4/5, Orson Scott Card
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:10 pm I just finished reading Silence by Shusaku Endo. I enjoyed it, I'd say 4/5. I am about to start Godforsaken Sea by Derek Lundy, it's about the Vendee Globe sailing race.
I typically do not read too many historical fiction books, but am glad you enjoyed it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:10 pm The Likeness by Tana French
Police procedural/thriller
So far a good read. This the second book I read by her.
In the woods by the same author is on my TBR list too.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sassyfrass01 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:12 pm I have just started reading Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill.
He was the Secret Service agent assigned to Mrs. Kennedy during the kennedy administration and until Nov of 64.

I have another of his books about being in the secret service and guarding other US Presidents, very good book.
I have never read anything similar, but I could understand the appeal.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 pm The Alienist by Caleb Carr, crime fiction, 4.5/5 stars. I’m enjoying it.

Re-reading the body farm series by Jefferson Base, crime fiction, 5/5 on book 4 Bones of Betrayal.

I really do not re-read books. I have too many I want to read first. I wonder if I will ever get to a place where I read them again.

The Alienist is an older one, at the very bottom of one of my lists, lol.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm I just finished Stephen King's newest book The Institute. Obviously Fiction and ai would put it in the Supernatural horror/ suspense genre. I'll give it 5 stars. I really enjoyed it. I just started Old Bones by Douglass Preston and Lincoln Child. Also a fiction book. It's the first book in a new series for them and I honestly have no idea what it's about yet. I buy everything certain authors put out without even reading the descriptions so when I saw they had something new I bought it. LOL
I do like Stephen king, although The Institute got quite a few mixed reviews, more than usual I thought. I have skipped over it so far.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:33 pm The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)

I just finished this one and am about to start #2 in the series of 3.
5 stars. But I like post-apocalyptic shit so it's probably not for everyone.

(also it's free to download on Amazon right now if you have a kindle and prime)
I can’t say I have an opinion, on post-apocalyptic, have never read much of that genre.love Amazon though, get plenty of books from there!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:38 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 pm The Alienist by Caleb Carr, crime fiction, 4.5/5 stars. I’m enjoying it.

I really do not re-read books. I have too many I want to read first. I wonder if I will ever get to a place where I read them again.

The Alienist is an older one, at the very bottom of one of my lists, lol.
I save my re-reading for nights I have difficulty falling asleep. I can’t do that with books I’m reading for the first time, at least, not if I actually want to go to sleep.

The Alienist is really good. I think Carr did well on giving the feel for the era and climate he wrote about.
Locked Previous topicNext topic