What are you reading?

Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm doing a reread of the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. They are definitely a 10, almost all of them. It is one of my favorite series. I am also reading/listening to A court of Thorns and roses by Sarah J Maas. I can listen to that during the day when I am going about my day. Just finished the 1st book (I would give it an 8 or 9) and am waiting for the second audio book to come available at my local library. I have it on hold. I did start reading it though.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am reading a book called A World Below, I can't remember the author. It's a YA book, but my son really wanted me to read it because he loved the book and he got it signed by the author. It was very important to him that I read it. It's pretty good for a kids book. I am also reading Split Tooth by Tanya Tagaq, I am also enjoying that one as well, 3.5 for both.
Sassyfrass01
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:30 pm
Sassyfrass01 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:12 pm I have just started reading Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill.
He was the Secret Service agent assigned to Mrs. Kennedy during the kennedy administration and until Nov of 64.

I have another of his books about being in the secret service and guarding other US Presidents, very good book.
I have never read anything similar, but I could understand the appeal.
I enjoy reading about historical events, historical figures. So this book was really intriguing when I saw it on amazon.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:04 am
bmw29 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:54 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:40 pm

I do like Stephen king, although The Institute got quite a few mixed reviews, more than usual I thought. I have skipped over it so far.
It's not his usual type of novel but I really enjoyed it. I think the mixed reviews are mostly because he takes a few shots at Trump. I think by now most people know he isn't a fan. It's not like that's all the book was about though. It's definitely worth a read.
I just can't decide, if I should buy it or not. I think I might just get on the long wait list at the library, LOL!
I don't really pay much attention to politics so it didn't bother me. Most of it is told from the POV of a child so there's that.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:28 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:10 pm The Likeness by Tana French
Police procedural/thriller
So far a good read. This the second book I read by her.
In the woods by the same author is on my TBR list too.
In The Woods is great! Been several years since I read it, probably time to re-read it, and I don't often re-read books.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:07 am
CandTmom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:04 pm All God's children
The Bosket Family and the American tradition of Violence by Fox Butterfield.
I had to look this up on Good Reads. Looks old but still interesting. Looks like it would be good for a book club.
It's 25 years old, lol. A man at work told me about it. It is very dark, but interesting and eye opening. It was a little difficult to read, but I'm glad I did.
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

The Timepiece.
Living my perfect life 💕
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I just started The Dry by Jane Harper. Today, so no review yet.

I just finished Swamp Santa by Jana DeLeon. It was fun and entertaining. I like the cozy type mysteries when I'm busy and don't have much brain power to read anything heavy.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just finished Asses and Angels by Gail Black. It’s her biography

My sister in law took me on a wine trail tour for my bday 2 weeks ago. We stopped at this place called The Sugar Shack. While there I saw this book and walked by it. When I got home it kept gnawing at me so I looked it up on Kindle/. I read the sample and could wait to read more. This woman could have ended up broke and bitter but instead persevered. Good read and lovely woman!

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:38 pm Title, author, genre?

What is your 1-5 star rating about the book so far?

QOTD — Bookmarks are for quitters.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I dont know yet. I just bought a bunch of books to refresh my reading options, but Im having a hard time choosing which one to start with.

Im also reading some interesting stories on critique circle.
Locked Previous topicNext topic