What are you reading?

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:40 pm
bmw29 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm I just finished Stephen King's newest book The Institute. Obviously Fiction and ai would put it in the Supernatural horror/ suspense genre. I'll give it 5 stars. I really enjoyed it. I just started Old Bones by Douglass Preston and Lincoln Child. Also a fiction book. It's the first book in a new series for them and I honestly have no idea what it's about yet. I buy everything certain authors put out without even reading the descriptions so when I saw they had something new I bought it. LOL
I do like Stephen king, although The Institute got quite a few mixed reviews, more than usual I thought. I have skipped over it so far.
It's not his usual type of novel but I really enjoyed it. I think the mixed reviews are mostly because he takes a few shots at Trump. I think by now most people know he isn't a fan. It's not like that's all the book was about though. It's definitely worth a read.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:09 pm Recently finished:

The Boys in the Boat - nonfiction. Probably the most interesting a book about a 1936 rowing team could possibly be, lol. I did like it.

How Not to Be Wrong by Jordan Ellenberg. Its a mathish book. I mostly liked it but the author seemed a little egotistical. But I'm a math girl so it was my subject.

Lafayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell. Lots of sarcasm and witty writing. A fun read.

I like nonfiction mostly. I need to get through the rest of this semester before I pick a new book to read and try to cram anything more in my brain right now. :)
I try to read one nonfiction and one fiction a week. But i stick to a lot of psychology and science, not too much history. Might have to add How Not To Be Wrong to my TBR list though.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:05 pm I'm never read a full book

Minus the kids books I've read to my kids. I think reading us a total waste of time
Well, diversity makes the world go round .

I am a better, smarter and more engaged person due to books, so definitely not a waste of time for me!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:44 pm Under Currents by Nora Roberts..
4/5 so far, but I'm biased. She is my favorite romance author. I'm also reading Dragon Watch 2 with my 11 year old by Brandon Mull. I have not read it yet, so it is new for both of us. It is fabulous like his other novels.
I enjoy Nora Roberts too, but did not care too much for Under Currents, only a 3/5 for me.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The little blue truck, curious George, Bucky and the storm.... I think we read Rikki Tikki Tavi the other day.

I would like to read "Silence is a scary sound" but I don't know when I would find the time.

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:29 am

The Boys in the Boat - nonfiction. Probably the most interesting a book about a 1936 rowing team could possibly be, lol. I did like it.

How Not to Be Wrong by Jordan Ellenberg. Its a mathish book. I mostly liked it but the author seemed a little egotistical. But I'm a math girl so it was my subject.

Lafayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell. Lots of sarcasm and witty writing. A fun read.

I like nonfiction mostly. I need to get through the rest of this semester before I pick a new book to read and try to cram anything more in my brain right now. :)
I try to read one nonfiction and one fiction a week. But i stick to a lot of psychology and science, not too much history. Might have to add How Not To Be Wrong to my TBR list though.

That seems ambitious lol.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:48 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:29 am

That seems ambitious lol.
Well, after finishing school in May, I actually have had a really difficult time adjusting to a different pace of life. So this is good, keeps me busy, and my TBR is long. I also cheat, as many are audiobooks, so it's pretty easy -- I can cook, clean, drive, walk all while listening to the book. Although, I can actually read much faster than I can listen.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:51 am The little blue truck, curious George, Bucky and the storm.... I think we read Rikki Tikki Tavi the other day.

I would like to read "Silence is a scary sound" but I don't know when I would find the time.
I love reading my DD6 books. My YDS10 is losing interest in this and it is breaking my heart, lol. But we still listen to audiobooks together. We are finishing up "The Girl Who Drank The Moon."
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:54 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:40 pm
bmw29 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm I just finished Stephen King's newest book The Institute. Obviously Fiction and ai would put it in the Supernatural horror/ suspense genre. I'll give it 5 stars. I really enjoyed it. I just started Old Bones by Douglass Preston and Lincoln Child. Also a fiction book. It's the first book in a new series for them and I honestly have no idea what it's about yet. I buy everything certain authors put out without even reading the descriptions so when I saw they had something new I bought it. LOL
I do like Stephen king, although The Institute got quite a few mixed reviews, more than usual I thought. I have skipped over it so far.
It's not his usual type of novel but I really enjoyed it. I think the mixed reviews are mostly because he takes a few shots at Trump. I think by now most people know he isn't a fan. It's not like that's all the book was about though. It's definitely worth a read.
I just can't decide, if I should buy it or not. I think I might just get on the long wait list at the library, LOL!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:04 pm All God's children
The Bosket Family and the American tradition of Violence by Fox Butterfield.
I had to look this up on Good Reads. Looks old but still interesting. Looks like it would be good for a book club.
Locked Previous topicNext topic