What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:10 am I think we'll be contributing dessert. Dh found a cheesecake baked in pumpkins that looks amazing!
Really, that does sound good. I googled and couldnt find anything close to what you described other than pumpkin cheesecake but nothing baked in an actual pumpkin.
But my googling skills arent stellar. Can you share the link?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 am Nothing. We are visiting my 94 year old grandmother in Florida so I’ll order a meal to pick up from Whole Foods. She lives in a retirement home and her kitchen isn’t big enough to cook an entire holiday meal.
Im sure she will appreciate anything you bring whether you actually cook it or not. The dishes are important but not half as important as the company.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:13 am Dh cooks all holiday meals, the only thing I will make is the stuffing. And really that's just getting it made & in the fridge for dh to stuff the Turkey with.

We will have, Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy,stuffing, corn on the cob ( we grill, take off the cob & freeze), broccoli & cheese, & biscuits.
Thats great, my dh would run screaming out of the house if I suggested that he cook a meal other than grilling or bbqing.
The grilled corn is an interesting twist, I may use this.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 am It's just the 5 of us and the baby can't eat anything but the potatoes yet lol, but I'm making a Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, gravy, and "holiday" bread (it's just thesister schubert rolls in the foil pan, but I only buy them for holidays, soyhe kids call it holiday bread lol). Then probably a pumpkin pie for dessert.
You can puree some turkey meat and some of the green bean casserole for the baby, separately of course 😁
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My sister and I are responsible for the turkey and my husband is making cranberry sauce and a salad with apples and figs. My kids are making onigiri. My parents are making sriracha deviled eggs, kabocha korokke, persimmons in tofu sauce, and spinach gomaai. My grandfather is making a sushi platter . My grandmother is making eggplant oyaki. My cousin's family is bringing the dessert, chocolate hazelnut crepes. My grandparents are also making cookies with my kids to go bring to police and fire stations after dinner.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:25 am I know roast beast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls or biscuits. Depends on if my starter is sourdoughy enough. Then dessert.
I need that recipe 😃
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymom*23/6/364 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:26 am Something dead.
I hope its dead, otherwise things could get very messy and wild, lol
Anonymous 4

Unread post

We are ordering from a BBQ restaurant
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I finished my menu this week & began doing some light shopping yesterday. We're expecting 19-24 people, waiting for final head count & it could always go up by another 5 the day of.

Appetizers:
lil smokies in bbq sauce
pigs in a blanket (lil smokies wrapped in crescent rolls)
queso & chips
artichoke dip
jalapeno popper triangles (jalapeno popper mixture in filo dough)
tortellini salad (cheese tortellini with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese & greek dressing)
veggie tray/fruit tray/olive & pickle tray
homemade cheese ball & crackers

Main:
2 deep fried turkeys
spiral ham
mashed potatoes with gravy
cornbread stuffing with giblet gravy
bread stuffing (my brother & I hate cornbread stuffing)
green bean casserole
corn casserole
broccoli cheese & rice casserole
baked sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows
baked squash with onions & bacon
roasted brussel sprouts with bacon & parm cheese
jellied cranberry sauce (yuck)
homemade cranberry & orange sauce
salad
rolls

Desserts:
2 chocolate pies (old fashioned cooked on the stove homemade chocolate pie. 2 because 1 is to serve & 1 is to hide for me)
pumpkin pie
pecan pie
cherry pie
turtle cheesecake (homemade cheesecake with caramel & pecans)
dark chocolate brownies
apricot cake (my brothers contribution)
blueberry pie (my sis in laws contribution)

Beer/wine/sweet tea/sodas/water
PurpleTurtle
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Pretty standard fare: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, bread/rolls, another veggie or two, and probably a pie for dessert.
Locked Previous topicNext topic