Have you ever stopped your child from turning in homework or assignments?

Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:25 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:48 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 am

That is because of the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns. They treat their preteens & teens like babies instead of young men & women.

It amazes me how a 14 -16 year old can not handle homework without mommy but by 16-17 yrs old they can drive automobiles & have jobs..lol.
Anonymous 4:

I don't know why this posted anonymously as I didn't hit the anonymous button. I am Linda (Linda_Runs).

I tried to be polite and respectful, but I can see that you are only interested in baseless bashing. So here is a bash of my own. Dr. Phil did an entire episode on homework and teens. There is an entire publication on Kids Health about the supervising role that parents MUST take with teen and homework, including early intervention to avoid larger problems down the road. Parents Magazine and Canadian Parent all have numerous articles about enforcing rules and supervising kids with homework from grade to the end of high school.

While you insist that "the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns," as you so put it, the professionals disagree. I think I am going to go with the opinions of Dr. Phil, the well educated middle and high school teachers and other professionals before an anonymous bashing post on a contentious website where members can hide behind an anonymous button.

Thank you for your advice. And yes, here is a fitting attachment:

sanctimommy.png
Dr Phil is a joke so it's really hard to take anything you say seriously.
As are scaredy cat, chicken shit anons that post replies using the anon feature to act like judgemental keyboard warriers pounding their chest
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, they're old enough to face the consequences of crappy work by the teacher. I think it's pretty shitty you ripped it up. But thankfully, you're not in my life. Good luck with that.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:41 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 am

That is because of the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns. They treat their preteens & teens like babies instead of young men & women.

It amazes me how a 14 -16 year old can not handle homework without mommy but by 16-17 yrs old they can drive automobiles & have jobs..lol.
Anonymous 4:

I don't know why this posted anonymously as I didn't hit the anonymous button. I am Linda (Linda_Runs).

I tried to be polite and respectful, but I can see that you are only interested in baseless bashing. So here is a bash of my own. Dr. Phil did an entire episode on homework and teens. There is an entire publication on Kids Health about the supervising role that parents MUST take with teen and homework, including early intervention to avoid larger problems down the road. Parents Magazine and Canadian Parent all have numerous articles about enforcing rules and supervising kids with homework from grade to the end of high school.

While you insist that "the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns," as you so put it, the professionals disagree. I think I am going to go with the opinions of Dr. Phil, the well educated middle and high school teachers and other professionals before an anonymous bashing post on a contentious website where members can hide behind an anonymous button.

sanctimommy.png
You just wasted a lot of your time. My children are adults who live on their own& Both go to college.Your opinion means nothing to me, so sorry a strangers opinion gets you so worked up.
You have it wrong. Your original post and reply to me was not just an opinion. My original reply was polite and considerate, but you chose to bash me under the disguise of an anonymous poster. Your opinion did not get me worked up; your rude and unwarranted bashing did.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Anonymous 4:

sanctimommy.png
You just wasted a lot of your time. My children are adults who live on their own& Both go to college.Your opinion means nothing to me, so sorry a strangers opinion gets you so worked up.
You have it wrong. Your original post and reply to me was not just an opinion. My original reply was polite and considerate, but you chose to bash me under the disguise of an anonymous poster. Your opinion did not get me worked up; your rude and unwarranted bashing did.
So basically you are offended because you cant handle someone's opinion of you.

No wonders your kids cant act grown up.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:56 am My SIL thinks I'm controlling - I don't know how to explain my circumstances to a CHILDLESS SIL.

I've just told DD that she is NOT turning in the piece of crap assignment she's thrown together and that as soon as SIL leaves, we are sitting down and redoing it. I've done this because the handwriting is shit - she's not answering the questions properly and the presentation is just shocking. It looks like something I'd expect off a 6yo (without assistance) not a 14yo. She told me "it's done. I'm handing it in and you can't stop me". So I confiscated it and ripped it up. DD then called me a 'F***ing bitch' which led to SIL's statement.

The background? DD has aspergers and has control issues. If it's not exactly how she wants - even if that's shit - she looses it. I could just let her turn it in as is and fail - but there are still no real world consequences for that at school, like I can do at home - like making her redo it until it's good. So she's learnt it doesn't matter. Whereas at home - she knows damn well that if she refuses to wash the dishes properly and just half-ass's it, then I will make her stay in the kitchen until each dish is washed perfectly. She will rage, hit herself, hit me, bite herself - but she does not LEAVE that kitchen until it's done - and then is punished further for hitting me.

In the real world - chances are her boss will not let her leave until she completes a task properly. If she refuses to do it - she will be fired. If she rages and hits people - she will be off to jail. So - I feel I am appropriately equipping her. She is talked to when she is calm, talked through the experience again and is in counselling - but SIL still thinks she "knows" better than her parents and a psychologist.
I think ripping it up was way extreme overreaction IMHO. I'd say let her turn it in. Real world consequences of getting a bad grade should be enough. It's obvious where her controlling issues come from. You sound like a major control freak yourself. But hey! It's your kid, you do you.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:41 pm

I am offended because you bashed me.

I am one of the most polite and courteous members on this site. Look up my posts and replies. Usually I always start with the most polite reply and end the same. I understand different opinions and openly respect them. But I am not fond of being bashed, which is what you did. You don't know my kids. Please do not bring them into this.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:47 pm

I am one of the most polite and courteous members on this site. Look up my posts and replies. Usually I always start with the most polite reply and end the same. I understand different opinions and openly respect them. But I am not fond of being bashed, which is what you did. You don't know my kids. Please do not bring them into this.
I did not bash you. I said my opinion of mothers like you. You took it personally. You brought your kids into it by talking about them.

I do not care what your reputation is on a website.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:49 pm

I did not bash you. I said my opinion of mothers like you. You took it personally. You brought your kids into it by talking about them.

Yes you did. To wit, "That is because of the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns. They treat their preteens & teens like babies instead of young men & women." Then you continued.

I am done with this topic. I have a real family to attend to. You have a nice day.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Yes you did. To wit, "That is because of the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns. They treat their preteens & teens like babies instead of young men & women." Then you continued.

I am done with this topic. I have a real family to attend to. You have a nice day.
Clearly you are very upset & I already said I was sorry that you let strangers upset you so much. Im.not sure what else you're looking for here.
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Ignore the bashing anon, she is just looking for an argument to further bash you and your kids.
She already stated her crotch fruit are adults now and more than likely have cut her out of their life due to poor parenting choices by her when she was raising them, if she was the one that actually raised them. The state also more than likely and hopefully stepped in and took custody of them and placed them in a suitable home with foster care parents.
That would explain the bitter bashing she has unleashed on you, jealousy is a powerful emotion and she sounds jealous and bitter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic