Have you ever stopped your child from turning in homework or assignments?

caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Have you ever talked to her teacher about their preference? Some teachers treat homework as just extra practice and they want parents to help kids get the concepts. Other teachers prefer that the kids do it on their own, so they can see what the kids understand and can produce on their own.
nmkj
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I'd let her get a shitty grade and suffer the consequences.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:55 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:27 am
By 14 yrs old the life long study habits should have already been instituted into the child's life.
Teach in a middle school. You’ll find that to be VERY untrue.
That is because of the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns. They treat their preteens & teens like babies instead of young men & women.

It amazes me how a 14 -16 year old can not handle homework without mommy but by 16-17 yrs old they can drive automobiles & have jobs..lol.
Anonymous 4:

I don't know why this posted anonymously as I didn't hit the anonymous button. I am Linda (Linda_Runs).

I tried to be polite and respectful, but I can see that you are only interested in baseless bashing. So here is a bash of my own. Dr. Phil did an entire episode on homework and teens. There is an entire publication on Kids Health about the supervising role that parents MUST take with teen and homework, including early intervention to avoid larger problems down the road. Parents Magazine and Canadian Parent all have numerous articles about enforcing rules and supervising kids with homework from grade to the end of high school.

While you insist that "the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns," as you so put it, the professionals disagree. I think I am going to go with the opinions of Dr. Phil, the well educated middle and high school teachers and other professionals before an anonymous bashing post on a contentious website where members can hide behind an anonymous button.

Thank you for your advice. And yes, here is a fitting attachment:

sanctimommy.png
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:48 pm

That is because of the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns. They treat their preteens & teens like babies instead of young men & women.

It amazes me how a 14 -16 year old can not handle homework without mommy but by 16-17 yrs old they can drive automobiles & have jobs..lol.
Anonymous 4:

I don't know why this posted anonymously as I didn't hit the anonymous button. I am Linda (Linda_Runs).

I tried to be polite and respectful, but I can see that you are only interested in baseless bashing. So here is a bash of my own. Dr. Phil did an entire episode on homework and teens. There is an entire publication on Kids Health about the supervising role that parents MUST take with teen and homework, including early intervention to avoid larger problems down the road. Parents Magazine and Canadian Parent all have numerous articles about enforcing rules and supervising kids with homework from grade to the end of high school.

While you insist that "the attitude of mothers like Lindaruns," as you so put it, the professionals disagree. I think I am going to go with the opinions of Dr. Phil, the well educated middle and high school teachers and other professionals before an anonymous bashing post on a contentious website where members can hide behind an anonymous button.

sanctimommy.png
You just wasted a lot of your time. My children are adults who live on their own& Both go to college.Your opinion means nothing to me, so sorry a strangers opinion gets you so worked up.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nope. Not since 3rd grade or so. It is their grade not mine. The youngest is still at home and she will ask for assistance when she needs it but otherwise she does it on her own. She succeeds most of the time but she has had some failures as well. She holds a B average. She has some learning disabilities that have improved over time but she still does her own work and is responsible for it.
I also never made them do chores over and over. They naturally improved over time. Even I miss a dish at times or have to rerun a load because I was in a hurry. I don't expect more from them than I do from myself.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4:

sanctimommy.png

Lmfao @ dr. Phil.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I stopped checking homework when mine was in the fourth grade. She's almost 14 now and has always been an honor student. I don't tell her when to do her homework either. It's her responsibility.
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4:

sanctimommy.png
Well said but most anons are rude judgemental keyboard warriors that are fearless behind their keyboards, bawhahaha
Attachments
c3b4d19fc7d6507f76fa29c31a7d8b1f0377b0ad6b54767e93388a73a81d77e5.jpg
c3b4d19fc7d6507f76fa29c31a7d8b1f0377b0ad6b54767e93388a73a81d77e5.jpg (24.08 KiB) Viewed 56 times
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4:

sanctimommy.png
Dr Phil is a joke so it's really hard to take anything you say seriously.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:48 am

It’s actually the students with involved parents who succeed. Those with parents who have no involvement in their child’s academics have the kids who do not care, and are at risk of failing. I love my parents who are involved, as their children are more motivated within the classroom.
What if I told you there was a way to be involved in your kids lives and still not have to be up their ass once they are teenagers and should be getting ready for the adult world?
Locked Previous topicNext topic