What initially brought you to CM?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Isn't it hard to believe that you just came here for something to keep you occupied and now...3 years (???) after the fact, we're all hooked?

And the conversations we've had...Just think about how many and the actual topics discussed over the years. I was just thinking about this today: that we all just stumbled across this site and have really gotten so much enjoyment out of it over the years. And I always enjoy reading your comments!
ReadingRainbow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 pm I was pregnant and on strict bed rest so I had absolutely nothing to do except read, watch tv, knit and talk to you guys lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hey, famousglm714, first...Sorry for your loss. :(

"MySpace." Now that's going back! I loved those profile pages on CM, too. I did a lot of PMing on the old CM. I can't believe how naive I was back then. It never dawned on me that admins, etc., knew my identity. Good thing none of what I said ever got out to anyone in the real world! I am much more careful now...probably overly careful.

But I do enjoy the site and there are a lot of nice women here.
famousglm714 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:10 pm A MySpace ad back when I was pregnant in 08. I ended up losing the pregnancy but didn’t forget about the site and came back in 2010 when I got pregnant with my oldest. :) Back in the day I liked a few games and the live chats. I also liked how the profile pages were like MySpace. 😂
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was posting on the plentyoffish forums when I was still single. I got to talking to a member of CM, Futureshock, and she told me about CM. Then this place came along when they shut down. I liked how active CM was. Other parenting forums I visited weren't nearly as active.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You mentioning how you started off with Club Mom and stumbled across Cafemom makes me wonder how the hell I came across Cafemom, too. I'm pretty sure I found it while visiting another site, too.

I started out looking for advice. But for me, it really evolved into a place to come for entertainment. I know there's a lot of members who don't like the ANON option. I like it because it allows me to say what I really feel without having to worry about later being stalked. I also think that the ANON button allows this place to get a little crazy sometimes. And I have to admit, that I like that, too!

MC got crazy towards the end. Some of the stuff that was posted... :lol: And then the screenshots that followed.... :lol:

The ongoing stories, the INFAMOUS members, and the all out craziness of it was what made it enjoyable to me! I like it stirred up every now and again :ugeek: :D :P
Foreverme123 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:11 pm I started out on Club Mom and that turned into Cafemom. I think I saw Club Mom as an ad on a different website. I really can't remember.

Cafemom was pretty much just for entertainment and when MC and the Anon feature started, it got even better/worse, depending on how you look at it. People really made "names" for themselves, there were ongoing stories, infamous members and just general melee that made me laugh.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Never heard of plentyoffish, carters. Was that a singles site? And I can't picture you without your little one! :)

When CM closed and all the other groups formed, I only stepped into 3. But as soon as I got here, it felt the most comfortable to me. I'm really appreciative that skip created the site. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:35 pm I was posting on the plentyoffish forums when I was still single. I got to talking to a member of CM, Futurshock, and she told me about CM. Then this place came along when they shut down. I liked how active CM was. Other parenting forums I visited weren't nearly as active.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:10 pm A MySpace ad back when I was pregnant in 08. I ended up losing the pregnancy but didn’t forget about the site and came back in 2010 when I got pregnant with my oldest. :) Back in the day I liked a few games and the live chats. I also liked how the profile pages were like MySpace. 😂
Same here for the MySpace ad. Every time I logged on, there was a banner advertising CM. I finally joined in late 2010.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:36 pm You mentioning how you started off with Club Mom and stumbled across Cafemom makes me wonder how the hell I came across Cafemom, too. I'm pretty sure I found it while visiting another site, too.

I started out looking for advice. But for me, it really evolved into a place to come for entertainment. I know there's a lot of members who don't like the ANON option. I like it because it allows me to say what I really feel without having to worry about later being stalked. I also think that the ANON button allows this place to get a little crazy sometimes. And I have to admit, that I like that, too!

MC got crazy towards the end. Some of the stuff that was posted... :lol: And then the screenshots that followed.... :lol:

The ongoing stories, the INFAMOUS members, and the all out craziness of it was what made it enjoyable to me! I like it stirred up every now and again :ugeek: :D :P
Foreverme123 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:11 pm I started out on Club Mom and that turned into Cafemom. I think I saw Club Mom as an ad on a different website. I really can't remember.

Cafemom was pretty much just for entertainment and when MC and the Anon feature started, it got even better/worse, depending on how you look at it. People really made "names" for themselves, there were ongoing stories, infamous members and just general melee that made me laugh.
Club Mom and Cafemom were both created by the same person. Club Mom was first, then they started Cafemom and eventually let Club Mom go. It was a lot different back then. Different vibe and different atmosphere. I don't ever remember Club Mom being very rowdy, which I think was mainly because it was strictly moderated, but that was a long time ago so... I just know that Cafemom started off as a "nice" place but eventually turned into an insane asylum, which is what I liked about it. Club Mom and the early Cafemom weren't sites I visited nearly as often as I did later on when CM got wild and crazy.
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I came for some parenting advice, and the other forums (moms of toddlers and the like) actually were good for advice. I got hooked on mom confessions after being sucked in by the “featured post” bit, and I stuck around confessions for the entertainment.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I got sucked into many of those feature posts, too. A couple of mine were featured, too! (I never knew how that happened??) I spent a lot of time in politics on MC. But I rarely go to politics on here. Those women would eat me for breakfast!
Blue_Prelude wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:30 pm I came for some parenting advice, and the other forums (moms of toddlers and the like) actually were good for advice. I got hooked on mom confessions after being sucked in by the “featured post” bit, and I stuck around confessions for the entertainment.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That MySpace ad sucked me in...
Locked Previous topicNext topic