He got a dose of reality today

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:51 pm Why didn't the stylist wet the child's hair then comb it and cut it. Isn't that what stylists are supposed to do anyway?
Some wet it before cutting and others leave it dry while cutting. it all depends on the hair type. Either way you would think a stylish would be prepared.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:55 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm They did use a pic to try and comb through his curls while his hair was dry and ds started crying. but who wouldn't cry if someone did that? They were better off wetting it to loosen his curls first.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 pm Did they give any explanation for making this asinine request? Could it be that maybe your son was fussing and they just wanted your DH to settle him down a bit first? Regardless, what they did was odd. I'd be so curious about it that I couldn't help but to make an inquiry about it. Very odd.

They didnt know how to deal with your sons hair, its probably for the best. They would have butchered his beautiful ringlets. 4 of mine had hair just like his, I love the curls
That's what I'm telling myself.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:53 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 pm 😂 your son could actually be my child based on his coloring, hair, and even the dimples. I’m white....you realize we have curly hair too, right? Mine isn’t that curly because it’s down to my butt, but it’s really curly.

I take my kids to a high end salon because barber shops and places like Supercuts just butcher their hair.
lol and Yes I realize that but I also realize that places like supercut isn't ideal for hair like his. I'm doing my research right now on hair salons because I have a feeling it will end up being a place more expensive than supercuts.
They wash and condition their hair first, and then actually use a leave in conditioning spray instead of water to comb through it. DH can elect to go to the barber shop, but my curly boys go to a master stylist at a nice salon because she gives them good haircuts and understands their hair.

Have fun in Florida! Where are you going?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm Why in the hell would they not have just done that themselves????
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm SO insisted on taking ds to his hair spot (supercuts) to get his hair cut. They both came home and ds here was untouched. He was told to wet ds hair and comb it straight before they can cut it. I kept telling SO that hair type makes a difference when it comes to stuff like that but he wouldn't take my word. SO is white and so are his older kids and they all have straight blondish hair but he chooses to be oblivious to the fact that ds isn't straight white. So we are leaving for Florida in 24 hours and ds looks like a wild child.

Do you agree that picking a stylist based on your hair type is best?
It definitely would not have been wet and straight by the time he got back to the shop, so that would have been pointless. Mine curls and knots up immediate after combing through it. They didn't want to have to take the time to unkink his hair is what the issue is.

I've had stylists get bitchy with me because mine knots up as soon as you wash it so they have to work through it. I don't like it any more than they do. He needs to go to an actual barber shop or an AA salon, not a taco truck hair cuttery. Places like that have no idea what to do with his mop, that's why my mop goes to the same place every time! LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 3

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm They did use a pic to try and comb through his curls while his hair was dry and ds started crying. but who wouldn't cry if someone did that? They were better off wetting it to loosen his curls first.
They didnt know how to deal with your sons hair, its probably for the best. They would have butchered his beautiful ringlets. 4 of mine had hair just like his, I love the curls
I’ve had a stylist butcher my children’s hair and actually had another mom (close friend) ask me if I cut one of my kid’s hair with a jagged knife while I was blindfolded and drunk!
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:02 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 pm 😂 your son could actually be my child based on his coloring, hair, and even the dimples. I’m white....you realize we have curly hair too, right? Mine isn’t that curly because it’s down to my butt, but it’s really curly.

I take my kids to a high end salon because barber shops and places like Supercuts just butcher their hair.
lol and Yes I realize that but I also realize that places like supercut isn't ideal for hair like his. I'm doing my research right now on hair salons because I have a feeling it will end up being a place more expensive than supercuts.
They wash and condition their hair first, and then actually use a leave in conditioning spray instead of water to comb through it. DH can elect to go to the barber shop, but my curly boys go to a master stylist at a nice salon because she gives them good haircuts and understands their hair.

I have a feeling I will be taking our ds to the nice salon because SO only stick to places like supercuts lol.

We will be in Orlando and Daytona. Disney world and my cousin's wedding. So excited!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm Why in the hell would they not have just done that themselves????
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm SO insisted on taking ds to his hair spot (supercuts) to get his hair cut. They both came home and ds here was untouched. He was told to wet ds hair and comb it straight before they can cut it. I kept telling SO that hair type makes a difference when it comes to stuff like that but he wouldn't take my word. SO is white and so are his older kids and they all have straight blondish hair but he chooses to be oblivious to the fact that ds isn't straight white. So we are leaving for Florida in 24 hours and ds looks like a wild child.

It definitely would not have been wet and straight by the time he got back to the shop, so that would have been pointless. Mine curls and knots up immediate after combing through it. They didn't want to have to take the time to unkink his hair is what the issue is.

I've had stylists get bitchy with me because mine knots up as soon as you wash it so they have to work through it. I don't like it any more than they do. He needs to go to an actual barber shop or an AA salon, not a taco truck hair cuttery. Places like that have no idea what to do with his mop, that's why my mop goes to the same place every time! LOL
No, a typical barber shop is a terrible idea for his hair.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 pm

My older kids go to the barbershop aka the black salon. I was willing to make an appointment for ds but my SO is not having that. I think ds will have better haircare there but obviously his white father is not on board with that yet.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:09 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:02 pm

I have a feeling I will be taking our ds to the nice salon because SO only stick to places like supercuts lol.

We will be in Orlando and Daytona. Disney world and my cousin's wedding. So excited!
What hotel are you staying at in Orlando? I have salon experiences (good and bad) in Orlando because we go there at least once a year.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:07 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 pm

I’ve had a stylist butcher my children’s hair and actually had another mom (close friend) ask me if I cut one of my kid’s hair with a jagged knife while I was blindfolded and drunk!
🤣 My SO tried to convince me to let him use the clippers on DS and I absolutely put my foot down!
Locked Previous topicNext topic