He got a dose of reality today

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They did use a pic to try and comb through his curls while his hair was dry and ds started crying. but who wouldn't cry if someone did that? They were better off wetting it to loosen his curls first.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 pm Did they give any explanation for making this asinine request? Could it be that maybe your son was fussing and they just wanted your DH to settle him down a bit first? Regardless, what they did was odd. I'd be so curious about it that I couldn't help but to make an inquiry about it. Very odd.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 pm I wasn't there but I'm assuming they were scared to touch his hair because it isn't the type that they are used to and was hoping he wouldn't return. If that is the case,
they won because I'm already looking for a different place. I had a feeling this would happen but SO insisted on taking him there.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm Why in the hell would they not have just done that themselves????

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:39 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 pm 20190930_091316.jpg
He is adorable. I would leave his hair just the way it is.
Thanks 😊 I don't mind his hair but my SO is going crazy with him having that much hair being a boy.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:48 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:39 pm
He is adorable. I would leave his hair just the way it is.
Thanks 😊 I don't mind his hair but my SO is going crazy with him having that much hair being a boy.
I love it 💜
Anonymous 4

Unread post

For his hair type the "wet it and comb it" shouldn't even be a thing. Curly hair is hard to cut so you definitely need to find someone that can correctly cut it with the curl so it all ends up being the same length when it's dry.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Why didn't the stylist wet the child's hair then comb it and cut it. Isn't that what stylists are supposed to do anyway?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Aw. Poor little guy. I'll bet that's why they wanted your DH to do it. Not saying they were right to do that. But I remember when one of mine was very little. He got upset and they actually asked me to hold him in my arms for the cut. It worked. And we walked out with a nice cut.

If you've used the salon before and didn't have a problem, it might be worth YOU going back with your ds. :lol:

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm They did use a pic to try and comb through his curls while his hair was dry and ds started crying. but who wouldn't cry if someone did that? They were better off wetting it to loosen his curls first.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 pm Did they give any explanation for making this asinine request? Could it be that maybe your son was fussing and they just wanted your DH to settle him down a bit first? Regardless, what they did was odd. I'd be so curious about it that I couldn't help but to make an inquiry about it. Very odd.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 pm I wasn't there but I'm assuming they were scared to touch his hair because it isn't the type that they are used to and was hoping he wouldn't return. If that is the case,
they won because I'm already looking for a different place. I had a feeling this would happen but SO insisted on taking him there.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 pm 😂 your son could actually be my child based on his coloring, hair, and even the dimples. I’m white....you realize we have curly hair too, right? Mine isn’t that curly because it’s down to my butt, but it’s really curly.

I take my kids to a high end salon because barber shops and places like Supercuts just butcher their hair.
lol and Yes I realize that but I also realize that places like supercut isn't ideal for hair like his. I'm doing my research right now on hair salons because I have a feeling it will end up being a place more expensive than supercuts.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

He's adorable. I am so jealous of those ringlets! He doesn't need a haircut!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm They did use a pic to try and comb through his curls while his hair was dry and ds started crying. but who wouldn't cry if someone did that? They were better off wetting it to loosen his curls first.
They didnt know how to deal with your sons hair, its probably for the best. They would have butchered his beautiful ringlets. 4 of mine had hair just like his, I love the curls
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:50 pm For his hair type the "wet it and comb it" shouldn't even be a thing. Curly hair is hard to cut so you definitely need to find someone that can correctly cut it with the curl so it all ends up being the same length when it's dry.
you're right and I'm researching now
Locked Previous topicNext topic