KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Your son is super cute!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Shame on you for wanting to cut that! I love it!
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: ↑Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:21 am Your son is super cute!
Thanks 😊
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:07 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:55 pm

They didnt know how to deal with your sons hair, its probably for the best. They would have butchered his beautiful ringlets. 4 of mine had hair just like his, I love the curls
That's what I'm telling myself.
I’ve had a stylist butcher my children’s hair and actually had another mom (close friend) ask me if I cut one of my kid’s hair with a jagged knife while I was blindfolded and drunk!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
What a creative way to describe it!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Was his hair knotted up? It sounds like it was knotted up and they just didn't want to deal with that. I have curly hair and so do DD and DS... it doesn't hurt to dry comb through it, it just makes it look awful. I don't have AA hair though so maybe it's different.
RealisticBeauty wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm They did use a pic to try and comb through his curls while his hair was dry and ds started crying. but who wouldn't cry if someone did that? They were better off wetting it to loosen his curls first.
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 pm Did they give any explanation for making this asinine request? Could it be that maybe your son was fussing and they just wanted your DH to settle him down a bit first? Regardless, what they did was odd. I'd be so curious about it that I couldn't help but to make an inquiry about it. Very odd.
Anonymous 2 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 pm I wasn't there but I'm assuming they were scared to touch his hair because it isn't the type that they are used to and was hoping he wouldn't return. If that is the case,
they won because I'm already looking for a different place. I had a feeling this would happen but SO insisted on taking him there.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm SO insisted on taking ds to his hair spot (supercuts) to get his hair cut. They both came home and ds here was untouched. He was told to wet ds hair and comb it straight before they can cut it. I kept telling SO that hair type makes a difference when it comes to stuff like that but he wouldn't take my word. SO is white and so are his older kids and they all have straight blondish hair but he chooses to be oblivious to the fact that ds isn't straight white. So we are leaving for Florida in 24 hours and ds looks like a wild child.

Do you agree that picking a stylist based on your hair type is best?
I have 3 mixed kids from another man.
When I married dh I taught him how to care for their hair.
He is older than me and can under stand that two of my children's hair isn't like a white person's.
The other child's is very soft and has loose curls.
i want candy!
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Do you trust that your SO really tried to take him to the place to get his hair cut? Is it possible that he didn't really try to go there?
Anonymous 2 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 pm I wasn't there but I'm assuming they were scared to touch his hair because it isn't the type that they are used to and was hoping he wouldn't return. If that is the case,
they won because I'm already looking for a different place. I had a feeling this would happen but SO insisted on taking him there.
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm Why in the hell would they not have just done that themselves????
RealisticBeauty wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm SO insisted on taking ds to his hair spot (supercuts) to get his hair cut. They both came home and ds here was untouched. He was told to wet ds hair and comb it straight before they can cut it. I kept telling SO that hair type makes a difference when it comes to stuff like that but he wouldn't take my word. SO is white and so are his older kids and they all have straight blondish hair but he chooses to be oblivious to the fact that ds isn't straight white. So we are leaving for Florida in 24 hours and ds looks like a wild child.

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No but there's always a few snags whenever I comb through it. I try not to comb through it a lot because like you said, it looks awful.
Anonymous 7 wrote: ↑Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:57 am Was his hair knotted up? It sounds like it was knotted up and they just didn't want to deal with that. I have curly hair and so do DD and DS... it doesn't hurt to dry comb through it, it just makes it look awful. I don't have AA hair though so maybe it's different.
RealisticBeauty wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm They did use a pic to try and comb through his curls while his hair was dry and ds started crying. but who wouldn't cry if someone did that? They were better off wetting it to loosen his curls first.
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 pm Did they give any explanation for making this asinine request? Could it be that maybe your son was fussing and they just wanted your DH to settle him down a bit first? Regardless, what they did was odd. I'd be so curious about it that I couldn't help but to make an inquiry about it. Very odd.

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: ↑Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:02 am

I have 3 mixed kids from another man.
When I married dh I taught him how to care for their hair.
He is older than me and can under stand that two of my children's hair isn't like a white person's.
The other child's is very soft and has loose curls.
I've told him so many times but he is stubborn and I guess he will learn his lesson like he did yesterday. Ds is only 1 so there will be plenty of lessons in the future. Ds is the first mixed person in his family. His family all have straight blonde hair and blue eyes.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes because he's the one who's been pushing for the haircut for a long time
Anonymous 8 wrote: ↑Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:02 am Do you trust that your SO really tried to take him to the place to get his hair cut? Is it possible that he didn't really try to go there?
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm Why in the hell would they not have just done that themselves????

Locked Previous topicNext topic