It isnt my job to pick my step kids up from school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

BM always seems to call me when the kids need to be picked up early from school. I work very close to their school so I guess she thinks it is easier for me to get them. Yes I work closer but that doesn't mean I can just leave work to go get them.

DH had me pick them up during an actually emergency and I had no problem with that but that is different than them just running a fever or feeling sick.

BM told me she is "getting sick of this" and that I don't help out equally. She says if I want to be seen as one of their moms I need to step up to the plate. I don't agree with that. On her time it is her job to deal with the kids. If I had a day off I wouldn't mind but she wouldn't call me anyway because I wouldn't be close to them.

I kind of just want to tell her to go f**k herself but I would never do that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

She certainly told you.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

This happens all the time around here.
Don't you have anything new and exciting?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 pm This happens all the time around here.
Don't you have anything new and exciting?
Sorry. My life is pretty boring this is the most "exciting" thing going on lol
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Running a fever or feeling sick isnt an emergency or a good enough reason to pick them up from school?????
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:12 pm BM always seems to call me when the kids need to be picked up early from school. I work very close to their school so I guess she thinks it is easier for me to get them. Yes I work closer but that doesn't mean I can just leave work to go get them.

DH had me pick them up during an actually emergency and I had no problem with that but that is different than them just running a fever or feeling sick.

BM told me she is "getting sick of this" and that I don't help out equally. She says if I want to be seen as one of their moms I need to step up to the plate. I don't agree with that. On her time it is her job to deal with the kids. If I had a day off I wouldn't mind but she wouldn't call me anyway because I wouldn't be close to them.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

You do have enough common sense to realize that they should not remain in school with a fever, or if they are sick, right?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:25 pm Running a fever or feeling sick isnt an emergency or a good enough reason to pick them up from school?????
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:12 pm BM always seems to call me when the kids need to be picked up early from school. I work very close to their school so I guess she thinks it is easier for me to get them. Yes I work closer but that doesn't mean I can just leave work to go get them.

The school will send them home if they have a temperature and sometimes even if they complain of not feeling well and are in the nurses office for too long.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:28 pm You do have enough common sense to realize that they should not remain in school with a fever, or if they are sick, right?
Please post where I said I think they should stay at school.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I don't want to be seen as my stepkid's Mom or anything like that. They have a Mom and I am not her. Therefore my duties are not Mom related. Only helping my partner related.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You'll never win the stepmom game. Just do what you're willing to do and refuse to do the rest.
Locked Previous topicNext topic