If your 4 year old is watching Jason and Michael Myers, you're doing it wrong.

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No need to argue with me here. I'm stating fact.

Another fact...when your very small child who has been socially inappropriate, boldly defiant, and honestly disgusting since school began in September comes to school talking about Jason and Michael Myers in October, people like me roll our eyes hard one last time and give up on modifying your child's behaviors because we recognize that we don't stand a chance. Hell, we won't even bother telling you what nonsense the kid pulled in school anymore because we know you don't really care anyway.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My almost 5 year old has watched a few inappropriate movies because my oldest is almost 11. He’s seen Daddy’s Home, Jumanji, and Jurassic World. That doesn’t mean I don’t generally monitor what he watches and certainly doesn’t translate into me not caring about him or his discipline and behavior.

ETA: I didn’t realize those were horror movies until I googled. That’s pretty bad.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My kids have been allowed to watch classic scary movies from a young age because there is significant evidence that there is no connection between watching horror films and serious violent behaviors unless that child has been predisposed to have violent or antisocial tendencies, to begin with. Japan has violent movies and video games way worse than Halloween, which kids do watch and play, and yet they have the lowest rates for violent crime in the world. My children also have shown no signs of violent behavior and understand not to talk about those movies at school because they understand that not all children watch those movies and it can scare others. The boy you are describing has inappropriate behaviors because of reasons outside of watching Friday the 13th.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Jason is a p**sy little bitch first off. He's not remotely scary and the movies are stupid. Michael Myers is cool, but the remakes are dumb as hell.

That being said I grew up watching that stuff. And I didn't talk about it to fellow classmates at age 4, 5, etc. I grew up loving horror movies and still do.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My kids don’t watch any sort of horror movies...they watch “scary” shows meant for kids, like “are you afraid of the dark” but that’s it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:51 pm My kids have been allowed to watch classic scary movies from a young age because there is significant evidence that there is no connection between watching horror films and serious violent behaviors unless that child has been predisposed to have violent or antisocial tendencies, to begin with. Japan has violent movies and video games way worse than Halloween, which kids do watch and play, and yet they have the lowest rates for violent crime in the world. My children also have shown no signs of violent behavior and understand not to talk about those movies at school because they understand that not all children watch those movies and it can scare others. The boy you are describing has inappropriate behaviors because of reasons outside of watching Friday the 13th.
LOL
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Plenty of kids in my family all watched that stuff from an early age and none of them are violent. I am not violent either and I remember watching Freddy as young as 3. My kids watch the original Halloween movies and aren't scared by them. They make fun of the people in the movies doing stupid shit when a killer is after them.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:52 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:51 pm My kids have been allowed to watch classic scary movies from a young age because there is significant evidence that there is no connection between watching horror films and serious violent behaviors unless that child has been predisposed to have violent or antisocial tendencies, to begin with. Japan has violent movies and video games way worse than Halloween, which kids do watch and play, and yet they have the lowest rates for violent crime in the world. My children also have shown no signs of violent behavior and understand not to talk about those movies at school because they understand that not all children watch those movies and it can scare others. The boy you are describing has inappropriate behaviors because of reasons outside of watching Friday the 13th.
LOL
She HAS to bring it up in EVERY post! 😂
Anonymous 5

Unread post

When I was growing up everyone watch them movies including me. I am fine.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:19 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:52 pm
LOL
She HAS to bring it up in EVERY post! 😂
Right and in the other post she says she RARELY brings it up. UH HUH!! lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic