If your 4 year old is watching Jason and Michael Myers, you're doing it wrong.

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mine have all grown up just fine and so did I. It’s not a movie problem, it’s a parenting problem.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I can’t believe how many of you let your little kids watch horror movies. I’m totally over my guilt about letting YDS watch Jurassic World 😂
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I highly doubt Michael Myers or Jason have anything to do with a child being a brat.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:45 pm There is a kindergartener in the class I observe who doesn’t know any of his letters, can’t count objects, and only knows his very basic colors. However, he can tell me all about The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. There was another show he was telling me about but I can’t remember it off the top of my head. The kid can’t even recognize his name.

He has been tested. Nothing wrong with him apparently. No one ever worked with him and his parents don’t reinforce anything at home. It’s sad.
Well i can agree on Breaking Bad. Even my brother warned me about that show and my kids were older.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:55 pm I can’t believe how many of you let your little kids watch horror movies. I’m totally over my guilt about letting YDS watch Jurassic World 😂
I never did myself. That being said I think a kid can certainly be a brat even without horror films and vice versa.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

I walked in the room to my kid laughing at chucky when she was probably 3. I didn't let her watch anything realistic but she loved blade and Queen of the Damned at a young age. She's like me and has never seen a movie that has scared her. She was probably in 3rd grade when we started going to see scary movies in the theater. The first I remember was pet semetary and later Candyman. It's all about the parenting, not the movie.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

It scares me that you're a teacher, you have an awful attitude and you seem very ignorant. Hopefully you're just a troll. If not I feel sorry for the kids and parents dealing with you daily.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:33 pm I walked in the room to my kid laughing at chucky when she was probably 3. I didn't let her watch anything realistic but she loved blade and Queen of the Damned at a young age. She's like me and has never seen a movie that has scared her. She was probably in 3rd grade when we started going to see scary movies in the theater. The first I remember was pet semetary and later Candyman. It's all about the parenting, not the movie.
I WISH my mommy would have stopped me from watching Candyman ... I was 24! LOL

I literally couldn't look in my bathroom mirror for a month! Thing still freaks me out a little.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't do scary, gory, etc.. Nope. Dh does and enjoys them. Our youngest is 11 and has been asking to watch Jaws, It, and The Walking Dead for years because teens she knows watch them. Dh told her no in no uncertain terms. He told her that she would never get back into the ocean if she watched Jaws, It would scare the liver out of her and there are adult situations in TWD that are not appropriate. It does surprise me that so many young kids watch this stuff, but that is probably because I'm a wuss.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m so glad my kids are raised and past this stage. Everything is a horrible thing these days. I often wonder how they will survive if people coddle their every move...oh wait.
Locked Previous topicNext topic