Spin off- did you give birth naturally, or did you need medical intervention?

?

I needed medical intervention
54%
I didn’t need intervention, but I chose it
7%
I gave birth naturally
39%

Total votes: 54
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I gave birth naturally, but not entirely by choice. I wanted an epidural, but my bitch of a nurse bullied me out of it.She took it upon herself to decide that I didn't need one and dragged her feet on paging the anesthesiologist until after I'd progressed too much for an epidural to make sense. I later found out that this often happened at that hospital. I'm still resentful of it. Birth was a singularly horrendous experience for me and I've never wished to repeat it in great part because it was the way it was.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

First I had went into labor naturally but I did get shy epidural my 2nd I was induced because he was 10 days late but didn't have any pain meds
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I gave birth semi natural. I was progressing pretty slowly but progressing non the less. When I went to my appointment on my due date I was 5 cm. She said that she could admit me and break my water or go home and we would probably be back later that night or early in the morning. It was snowing awful out and we were 30 mins away from the hospital o we decided to have her break my water. If I could have went back and changed it I would. I was in awful pain with back to back back contractions but I didn't have much pain before. I didn't want an epidural because I was afraid of getting a spinal headache like my sister had that lasted weeks. I chose stadol and that was awful it made me feel sick and dizzy for 30 mins. After I had to have pitocin because my uterus wasn't contracting and that raised my blood pressure.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I went into labor at 32 weeks. They had to stop it. Bedrest for a month then induced for preeclampsia. I had to get an epidural to lower my blood pressure. I was induced due to high blood pressure two more times. I am thankful for modern medicine. I would have had 2 of my babies too early and they would have died. I don't care how they got here, just that they are alive and well.

I was induced because my daughter was stillborn as well.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My first was an emergency c-section. My second and third were planned c-sections. Good thing too. All three of my kids' heads were too big to fit through my birth canal. I would have died in childbirth with all three of my kids if we didn't have the technology we do now.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Naturally
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I needed suction with the first. Is there a nicer word for it? I can't remember. Lol. Before that they kept threatening me with a c-section. Like I was just holding her in. 🙄 Roughly 24 hours of labor by the end of it.

With the second they kept trying to force pitocin and I eventually caved, but then had them stop it pretty quickly as I didn't like the way it made me feel. Also roughly 24 hours of labor total.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I needed pitocin with all 3 bc my labor decided to stall out.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My water partially broke. They had to finish breaking it. Then vaginal birth. Kidlet got stuck at the shoulders briefly.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I went into labor naturally, and labored for a bit (or fully) with each one. Then we ran into issues and had to do a c-section.

Trust me, c-section is horrible and I would never choose it if I didn't have to. And it's one big part of the reason why I stopped after two kids and am adamant that I will not birth again.
Locked Previous topicNext topic