Spin off- did you give birth naturally, or did you need medical intervention?

?

I needed medical intervention
54%
I didn’t need intervention, but I chose it
7%
I gave birth naturally
39%

Total votes: 54
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I was induced in some form all 4 times.
notyourmomma
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Do the use of forceps count as intervention?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Drugs and a c-section.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:53 pm All 11 were natural, I just needed someone to catch the baby
😂😂
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:53 pm I don't know how to answer that. With my first my water broke on it's own but I needed pitocin to get labor started. My second was completely natural, no drugs, came on his own. So I guess you could say one time I did need medical intervention to get the labor started but the other time I didn't. No c-sections here though if that is what you are talking about.
According to the article that prompted this spinoff, induction counts.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 876

Unread post

All three times. No drugs.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had medical intervention
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had two c-sections and I’m fine with it. I was up and walking with the second one that night. It just wasn’t a huge deal for me thankfully although it hurt when the meds would start to wear off. It took them an hour to stitch up my SIL down there after natural birth and she said it hurt. I’m good on that, lol.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I had back labor and contractions that started and stayed at 1 minute apart. Of course, I had an epidural. What sane woman wouldn't?
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Depends on what you mean, really.

I’ve had seven babies. Two were induced (one for social reasons, the other to ensure I could get antibiotics and not deliver in my car). Two were augmented with pitocin. I was GBS positive with 3 and got antibiotics with two (and the third spent time in the NICU getting antibiotics because I didn’t get them during labor).

To give birth I didn’t NEED intervention. I would have had seven live births without it. But to optimize safety and reduce their risk of death soon after birth, I needed some intervention.
Locked Previous topicNext topic