Spin off- did you give birth naturally, or did you need medical intervention?

?

I needed medical intervention
54%
I didn’t need intervention, but I chose it
7%
I gave birth naturally
39%

Total votes: 54
BellysGrammy
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I had pitocin all 4 times. 1st was 10 days overdue, the 2nd was 13 days overdue, the 4th was 14 days over due. The third was only 4 days overdue but I stalled out at 4cm.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 pm
bmw29 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:17 pm I had back labor and contractions that started and stayed at 1 minute apart. Of course, I had an epidural. What sane woman wouldn't?
Me, I also had back labor and while it didn't start at one minute apart it did start 2 days before I actually gave birth. I chose to not get any pain meds.
My back felt like it was breaking in two with every contraction. I defy any woman to put up with that kind of pain that was a 10+ for six hours without demanding any relief. I defy any woman to be able to actually push while being in that kind of constant pain. I have scoliosis, spinal stenosis and sciatica so I am no stranger to back pain. This was the most severe pain I've ever felt in my life.
I did. Natural birth was the only option for me unless there was a true emergency.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Csection for the first natural for the 2nd
Anonymous 11

Unread post

My first fractured my pelvic bones, ripped me cervix to anus all the way through and out, and ripped my inner labia completely off. I witnessed all this like a slow motion horror movie scene in the birth mirror. He was sunny side up and his second shoulder became stuck. I wanted to die from the agony. This required many repair surgeries and I still need 1 or 2 more for scar tissue removal. My second I was already in the hospital and had been for a month as labor had started and been stopped 3 times due to severe chronic kidney issues and infection. 4th time dr on call "accidentally" broke my water during an exam and I ended up with the dreaded pit. Still a 38 hr labor. I was supposed to have a c-section but my OB wasnt around and the fill in didnt want to. So I got an epidural at hr 23. I was tired and sick. Second delivery fractued pelvic bone again, ripped apart my vaginal canal and partially tore off 1 inner labia lip. My son was 7 weeks early. I think the on call didnt want to deliver on the 4th of July weekend. I dont think it was an accident to break my water.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

"Naturally" used to mean vaginally so in that regard, yes, I had all three of my kid's naturally.

Today, I suspect it means something entirely different.

With all three, I had Pitocin and because my water broke at home, and the doctor/nurses felt they needed to speed things along once I went to the L&D of the hospital.

I was given Stadol with two of them, IIRC, and an epidural with our son since they thought I *might* have to have a c-section with him as labor as not progressing as they had hoped. The epidural helped me calm down considerably, and I was able to progress more effectively.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

1 natural (zero meds), 1 induced (with an epidural), 1 c-section. You don't have an option for one of each.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 pm
bmw29 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:17 pm I had back labor and contractions that started and stayed at 1 minute apart. Of course, I had an epidural. What sane woman wouldn't?
Me, I also had back labor and while it didn't start at one minute apart it did start 2 days before I actually gave birth. I chose to not get any pain meds.
My back felt like it was breaking in two with every contraction. I defy any woman to put up with that kind of pain that was a 10+ for six hours without demanding any relief. I defy any woman to be able to actually push while being in that kind of constant pain. I have scoliosis, spinal stenosis and sciatica so I am no stranger to back pain. This was the most severe pain I've ever felt in my life.
It definitely did feel like that and I didn't love it but I was more scared of the epidural needle than anything my body was doing. I'm not faulting you for opting for pain meds but I personally didn't want any. I admit that I have a fairly high pain tolerance though. I have a deformed vertebra and arthritis so I definitely have a base level pain and it was definitely amped up considerably but I lived through it.
Tigress22304
Countess
Countess

Unread post

DD15 was induced due to my going into kidney failure.
20min of pushing was all it took thank god.

{Kat}
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I was supposed to be induced at 39 weeks, but at my 38 week appointment, he flipped, so they decided on a c-section. I had gestational diabetes, and they thought he was going to be bigger than he was. So with him not sitting right, and his size, the c-section was the safest for him. With that being said, he was only 8lbs 13 ounces when he was born.

Anonymous 12

Unread post

What do you consider "intervention"?
I had an epidural with both.
With my first, I went into labor on my own though my doctor broke my water.
I was induced at 37 weeks with my second and they needed the suction thingy (I can't remember what it's called) because her head got stuck halfway out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic