Women Are Losing the Capacity to Give Birth

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:35 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:24 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:17 pm

This article was written for people who have no scientific background . Those types of phrasing are meant to give the layman a better grasp on what they’re talking about.

It is biased, but the discussion it creates doesn’t have to be.

You can't be serious with this shit. Are you really THAT dumb to think "moral molecule" is a layman's term? Get the f**k out.
Moral molecule is a term coined by a neuroeconomist named Paul Zak.

It was meant to describe a neural process that oxytocin affects to the layman.
Just keep digging
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

4 births, 3 on their own and only 1 that needed to be kick started.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:17 pm

This article was written for people who have no scientific background . Those types of phrasing are meant to give the layman a better grasp on what they’re talking about.

It is biased, but the discussion it creates doesn’t have to be.

You can't be serious with this shit. Are you really THAT dumb to think "moral molecule" is a layman's term? Get the f**k out.

Yes a brief look at him tells me he discusses trust and love- things that increase oxytocin and builds a better relationship in the workplace or in the family. But that has nothing to do with genetics. His field involves decision making and psychology to be very brief.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Yes a brief look at him tells me he discusses trust and love- things that increase oxytocin and builds a better relationship in the workplace or in the family. But that has nothing to do with genetics. His field involves decision making and psychology to be very brief.
That’s true. The article mentions it as a way to describe what oxytocin does. The Dr being discussed is talking about oxytocin’s role in labor, and whether or not that role is being diminished due to the overuse of pitocin.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:01 pm

That’s true. The article mentions it as a way to describe what oxytocin does. The Dr being discussed is talking about oxytocin’s role in labor, and whether or not that role is being diminished due to the overuse of pitocin.
That still deals with the psychological and NOT the genetic. The release or lack of release of endorphins have no bearing on the genetic traits that the child will or will not exhibit. So you still are the stupid one here.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:37 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:30 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Be that as it may this article is certainly biased. No scientific article other than ones on mental issues or psychology discuss love hormones and none of them mention moral molecules. He's trying to evoke an emotional response. Well, here's mine- this doctor is a moron and an insult to true researchers everywhere.

The man has stated that men being present at childbirth can damage marriages and lead to divorce. He doesn't think men can handle it.
Well in the end I did get divorced. While I thought we had a multitude of problems we both caused I didn't think my ex being there for my c- section was one of them. It wasn't like I held a gun to his head though. He came of his own free will and saw nothing anyway since he sat on my side of the curtain. I mean I don't get it. So a guy can go to war, go through an experience I couldn't possibly imagine, come home, manage to marry a woman and stay married to her for 25 plus years yet can't handle childbirth? Makes no sense to me but hey whatever.

It doesn't make any sense at all.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:01 pm

That still deals with the psychological and NOT the genetic. The release or lack of release of endorphins have no bearing on the genetic traits that the child will or will not exhibit. So you still are the stupid one here.
Talking to you is like talking to a 6 year old who keeps calling you an idiot for saying someday letters will show up in his math problems.

I’ll slow it down for you - this means that the overuse of pitocin may be leading to a decrease in natural oxytocin production over generational lines during labor.

Oxytocin affects both psychological and physical functions. That ONE sentence in the article was describing why oxytocin is important, it was not summing up the theory that is being discussed.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Mothering.com = biased horse shit. Produce a no biased source, and I might actually click the link.

Life experience as far as bad nutrition and such that affects us physically is pretty much the only thing passed on via dna. Anything else is hocuspocus. My hating my father and such is not passed on in my dna. However, his blue eyes might.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:38 pm Mothering.com = biased horse shit. Produce a no biased source, and I might actually click the link.

Life experience as far as bad nutrition and such that affects us physically is pretty much the only thing passed on via dna. Anything else is hocuspocus. My hating my father and such is not passed on in my dna. However, his blue eyes might.
It’s not at all hocus pocus, it’s been shown through many different scientific studies that life experiences, including emotionally based ones can have an effect on gene expression and get passed down to offspring.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:14 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:01 pm

No. The article specifically states that while there are medical emergencies related to childbirth where medical intervention is needed, we should stop using pitocin as a labor starter when it is not medically needed.
Do you not understand how evolution works? Simply using pitocin does not change your DNA. The only way that medical intervention during childbirth could be changing our DNA and causing us to evolve to no longer be able to naturally give birth is if it is allowing women who would otherwise not be able to successfully give birth the ability to do so, as in the women who need emergency medical procedures in order for them or their baby to survive. If a woman is able to give birth without pitocin, using pitocin will not change her DNA and cause her to pass on some gene that would cause her children to be unable to successfully give live birth.
Everything you go through can alter your DNA. Whether it’s childbirth, illnesses, traumatic or exciting experiences, all of it can alter your epigenetics.
I do not believe becoming a widow altered my DNA whatsoever. Yes, it crushed me emotionally, changed how I view things. But my DNA? Not even close.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic