Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:01 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:57 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:54 pm

Yes, all your life experiences can alter your DNA. This is not even debated among geneticists.

You're going all over the place trying to prove what you read in a clearly biased article. It's not working.
I am not trying to prove the article’s validity, I was just trying to discuss the article.

During the discussion a person’s genetic responses came up and apparently not many of you know that life experiences can affect gene expression.
Be that as it may this article is certainly biased. No scientific article other than ones on mental issues or psychology discuss love hormones and none of them mention moral molecules. He's trying to evoke an emotional response. Well, here's mine- this doctor is a moron and an insult to true researchers everywhere.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:11 pm

You're going all over the place trying to prove what you read in a clearly biased article. It's not working.
I am not trying to prove the article’s validity, I was just trying to discuss the article.

During the discussion a person’s genetic responses came up and apparently not many of you know that life experiences can affect gene expression.
Be that as it may this article is certainly biased. No scientific article other than ones on mental issues or psychology discuss love hormones and none of them mention moral molecules. He's trying to evoke an emotional response. Well, here's mine- this doctor is a moron and an insult to true researchers everywhere.
This article was written for people who have no scientific background . Those types of phrasing are meant to give the layman a better grasp on what they’re talking about.

It is biased, but the discussion it creates doesn’t have to be.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:57 pm Yeah, you know when they say life experiences have an effect on our epi-genetics, they mean shit like Great grandma's lack of nutrition due to living through the great depression and dust bowl, and grandpa's exposure to agent orange in Vietnam. Not whether or not the Daddy was present in the delivery room.
Witnessing abuse can affect genetic expression.
Having something happen that leads to a phobia can affect genetic expression.
They mean experiences.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:17 pm

This article was written for people who have no scientific background . Those types of phrasing are meant to give the layman a better grasp on what they’re talking about.

You can't be serious with this shit. Are you really THAT dumb to think "moral molecule" is a layman's term? Get the f**k out.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Head desk" This is why we swallow fake F***ing news and propaganda. It's because we can't read a damned article and determine if it has a moral molecule of truth or not. And if you just admit an article is biased it's not worth discussing. I have only a BS degree and really no scientific background. But i hope I'm smart enough to tell if someone writes an article claiming something they should back that shit up with studies and references to them. That's taught in high school English and freaking biology. Look for references. Did they do a study? Who did the study and what's their credentials? Otherwise laymen will swallow a shit load of garbage. I'd like to think as dumb as Americans are getting we're still smarter than that.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:21 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:57 pm Yeah, you know when they say life experiences have an effect on our epi-genetics, they mean shit like Great grandma's lack of nutrition due to living through the great depression and dust bowl, and grandpa's exposure to agent orange in Vietnam. Not whether or not the Daddy was present in the delivery room.
They mean experiences.
God, you're dumber than I originally thought
Deleted User 638

Unread post

The man has stated that men being present at childbirth can damage marriages and lead to divorce. He doesn't think men can handle it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:24 pm

You can't be serious with this shit. Are you really THAT dumb to think "moral molecule" is a layman's term? Get the f**k out.
Moral molecule is a term coined by a neuroeconomist named Paul Zak.

It was meant to describe a neural process that oxytocin affects to the layman.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:25 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:21 pm
They mean experiences.
God, you're dumber than I originally thought
You should know a little bit about what you’re talking about before calling other people dumb.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:30 pm

The man has stated that men being present at childbirth can damage marriages and lead to divorce. He doesn't think men can handle it.
Well in the end I did get divorced. While I thought we had a multitude of problems we both caused I didn't think my ex being there for my c- section was one of them. It wasn't like I held a gun to his head though. He came of his own free will and saw nothing anyway since he sat on my side of the curtain. I mean I don't get it. So a guy can go to war, go through an experience I couldn't possibly imagine, come home, manage to marry a woman and stay married to her for 25 plus years yet can't handle childbirth? Makes no sense to me but hey whatever.
Locked Previous topicNext topic