Women Are Losing the Capacity to Give Birth

Anonymous 1

Unread post

https://www.mothering.com/articles/wome ... ive-birth/

It is pure evolution in action: when we do not use certain functions of our physiology, the “message” to our always-changing body-mind system — a message that becomes passed down to future generations through changes in DNA expression — is, “That function is no longer needed.” What function are we talking about? All of them that are associated with natural birth, and a woman’s body going into labor on her own.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The article lost me at moral molecule. I had to check to make sure this wasn't The Onion.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm The article lost me at moral molecule. I had to check to make sure this wasn't The Onion.
It’s being used as a noun to describe the message oxytocin “teaches” our body :a lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm The article lost me at moral molecule. I had to check to make sure this wasn't The Onion.
It’s being used as a noun to describe the message oxytocin “teaches” our body :a lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.
No the word is certainly being used to cause an emotional reaction in the reader. If the writer was being factual he or she would say oxytocin strengthens or produces contractions during labor. It teaches nothing because it's a chemical and nothing more. But the writer said "moral". She or he is not objective so they've lost my interest.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm
No the word is certainly being used to cause an emotional reaction in the reader. If the writer was being factual he or she would say oxytocin strengthens or produces contractions during labor. It teaches nothing because it's a chemical and nothing more. But the writer said "moral". She or he is not objective so they've lost my interest.
It does actually teach our bodies how to respond to future situations and alters our genetics to favor the response.
Those genetics get passed on to offspring and those offspring are more likely to react the same way.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm https://www.mothering.com/articles/wome ... ive-birth/

It is pure evolution in action: when we do not use certain functions of our physiology, the “message” to our always-changing body-mind system — a message that becomes passed down to future generations through changes in DNA expression — is, “That function is no longer needed.” What function are we talking about? All of them that are associated with natural birth, and a woman’s body going into labor on her own.
This fertile myrtle never had a problem getting pregnant or giving birth. I just needed the doctor to catch the baby
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So, we should just let women and babies die from childbirth, so they won't pass on their faulty genes...
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:54 pm So, we should just let women and babies die from childbirth, so they won't pass on their faulty genes...
No. The article specifically states that while there are medical emergencies related to childbirth where medical intervention is needed, we should stop using pitocin as a labor starter when it is not medically needed.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:01 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:54 pm So, we should just let women and babies die from childbirth, so they won't pass on their faulty genes...
No. The article specifically states that while there are medical emergencies related to childbirth where medical intervention is needed, we should stop using pitocin as a labor starter when it is not medically needed.

Where did you get your medical degree?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Where did you get your medical degree?
Dr. Odent got his medical degree at the University of Paris and has been a leading obstetrician for the last 50 years.

Or were you suggesting that I needed a medical degree to discuss the article?
Locked Previous topicNext topic