Women Are Losing the Capacity to Give Birth

notyourmomma
Villein
Villein

Unread post

My water broke both times. I guess my body hasn't lost the capacity to give birth.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:01 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:57 pm

You're going all over the place trying to prove what you read in a clearly biased article. It's not working.
I am not trying to prove the article’s validity, I was just trying to discuss the article.

During the discussion a person’s genetic responses came up and apparently not many of you know that life experiences can affect gene expression.

:?
https://developingchild.harvard.edu/wp- ... opment.pdf

https://www.psychologicalscience.org › ...
Social Experiences Affect Our Genes and Health – Association for Psychological Science – APS
Mar 20, 2013 · Scientists are uncovering increasing evidence that changes in the expression of hundreds of genes can occur as a result of the social environments we inhabit. As a result of these dynamics, experiences we have today can affect our health for days and even months into the future.

The Week › articles › epigeneti...
Epigenetics: How our experiences affect our offspring - The Week
Jan 20, 2013 · Instead, genes can be turned on and off by experiences and ... individual genes can be activated or deactivated by life experiences

Discover Magazine › may › 13-gran...
Grandma's Experiences Leave Epigenetic Mark on Your Genes | DiscoverMagazine.com
life experiences can affect gene expression. from discovermagazine.com
Jun 25, 2015 · Your ancestors' lousy childhoods or excellent adventures might ... how life experiences
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm The article lost me at moral molecule. I had to check to make sure this wasn't The Onion.
I commend you for making it that far. I gave up at "Michel Odent's conference on birth & primal health research". That name, combined with the exclamation marks, did it for me. I am familiar with Dr. Odent's body of work, and I am of the opinion that most of his findings are, at best, unsupported by scientific evidence, and at worst, straight up bullshit.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:04 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:02 pm

I am not trying to prove the article’s validity, I was just trying to discuss the article.

During the discussion a person’s genetic responses came up and apparently not many of you know that life experiences can affect gene expression.
The article is bullshit, you're full of shit. There it's been discussed.
Ok, great. I guess your presence in this post is no longer needed.
Don't worry, I'll be here as long as needed in order for you to accept facts.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:12 pm

Social Experiences Affect Our Genes and Health – Association for Psychological Science – APS
Mar 20, 2013 · Scientists are uncovering increasing evidence that changes in the expression of hundreds of genes can occur as a result of the social environments we inhabit. As a result of these dynamics, experiences we have today can affect our health for days and even months into the future.

Jan 20, 2013 · Instead, genes can be turned on and off by experiences and ... individual genes can be activated or deactivated by life experiences

Grandma's Experiences Leave Epigenetic Mark on Your Genes | DiscoverMagazine.com
Jun 25, 2015 · Your ancestors' lousy childhoods or excellent adventures might ... how life experiences

:? Is because you're pulling sources out right and left trying to prove a questionable opinion by an 89 year old who has always been on the fringe of natural births.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:16 pm

:? Is because you're pulling sources out right and left trying to prove a questionable opinion by an 89 year old who has always been on the fringe of natural births.
Again, I’m not trying to prove his opinion is correct. It was an opinion I was presenting as a discussion.

The only thing I am trying to prove is correct is that life experiences can have an effect on our epigenetics.

If people realize that is true, maybe they will understand why he believes his theory to be true. I’m not saying it is true, I’m discussing the possibility.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:22 pm

Again, I’m not trying to prove his opinion is correct. It was an opinion I was presenting as a discussion.

The only thing I am trying to prove is correct is that life experiences can have an effect on our epigenetics.

If people realize that is true, maybe they will understand why he believes his theory to be true. I’m not saying it is true, I’m discussing the possibility.

You need to research some of the things he"s said about fathers being present at childbirth. I can't take anything he says seriously.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:22 pm

You need to research some of the things he"s said about fathers being present at childbirth. I can't take anything he says seriously.

I don’t think there will ever be another human I meet or read about who has opinions that I agree with at all times. I was only attempting to discuss this specific theory.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah, you know when they say life experiences have an effect on our epi-genetics, they mean shit like Great grandma's lack of nutrition due to living through the great depression and dust bowl, and grandpa's exposure to agent orange in Vietnam. Not whether or not the Daddy was present in the delivery room.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SisterSomeone wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:13 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm The article lost me at moral molecule. I had to check to make sure this wasn't The Onion.
I commend you for making it that far. I gave up at "Michel Odent's conference on birth & primal health research". That name, combined with the exclamation marks, did it for me. I am familiar with Dr. Odent's body of work, and I am of the opinion that most of his findings are, at best, unsupported by scientific evidence, and at worst, straight up bullshit.
I never heard of him but figured since it's quiet at work anyhow I'd give the article a chance. Then I actually went through it. But yeah I kept wondering if it was satire lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic