I am never going to own a home.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:25 pm Well he must like wasting money and paying high rent with no asset to show for it.
I just know I don't. I feel like we have a great opportunity we are going to just give up if we don't buy. I need to figure out the tax benefits. Our realtor said today that she'd prefer we get a single family home even if we can only afford a half lot because we can't write off an HOA.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

If you could get information like that and share it with your DH, that might help your cause! Best of luck to you.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 pm
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:25 pm Well he must like wasting money and paying high rent with no asset to show for it.
I just know I don't. I feel like we have a great opportunity we are going to just give up if we don't buy. I need to figure out the tax benefits. Our realtor said today that she'd prefer we get a single family home even if we can only afford a half lot because we can't write off an HOA.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I felt the same way for a long time. Now I have 3 homes here, 1 in a neighboring state and 4 down south
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good luck to you.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:10 pm DH's new reason for not putting an offer on a house is that he thinks it's worth a lot more than the list price, so he's not going to waste time on a house he thinks we won't get.
Well that's just dumb lol. When you buy a house you don't usually negotiate up in price, but down. Unless the house is a hot buy that will get many offers.
In that case the realtor would say there are multiple offers on the table after making an offer and at that point there is the option of just walking away.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are you positive he's not reconsidering the marriage? These are flimsy excuses and this one makes no logical sense. You offer full asking and having equity at purchase is a good thing. Have you been really pushing for buying? Are you 120% positive he's in this for the long haul. He sounds like he's trying to wiggle out of something long term.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 8

Unread post

It's obvious he doesn't want to be with you.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

What is the big deal with being a home owner? I've known people who rented for years and put away enough to buy a house outright with no mortgage. The more you post the more I think you have no idea what you'd be getting into with buying a house and your husband probably knows that too. If you have to have some kind of special program to do it, you should not even think of buying a house. Unless you have money to fix everything that is going to go wrong with it, and major things do go wrong which are very expensive to fix when you least expect it, you have no business buying a house. Taxes go up which raises your mortgage sometimes exponentially unless you are putting a lot of extra money into escrow. Seriously medical illness happens and it's easy to lose everything including a house. Job loss happens and relocation happens. What if the house doesn't sell? Have you bothered to think of any of this? It sure doesn't sound like it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:13 pm
Emandab wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:10 pm DH's new reason for not putting an offer on a house is that he thinks it's worth a lot more than the list price, so he's not going to waste time on a house he thinks we won't get.
Well that's just dumb lol. When you buy a house you don't usually negotiate up in price, but down. Unless the house is a hot buy that will get many offers.
In that case the realtor would say there are multiple offers on the table after making an offer and at that point there is the option of just walking away.
There's always multiple offers for places here, but the worst the seller can say is no. Plus, some people prefer to sell to a family that's going to raise their family there over a cash investor. I figure we should just take our shot.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

When you own a home, you are responsible for everything. Maybe he don’t want that responsibility. Of course, it would be helpful if he would just come out and say it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic