I am never going to own a home.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DH's new reason for not putting an offer on a house is that he thinks it's worth a lot more than the list price, so he's not going to waste time on a house he thinks we won't get.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

There’s something bigger going on here. (Maybe you know that, I haven’t been following your post, assuming you’re the one who’s been posting about buying.)

How old is he?

Has he (or you) ever owned a home before?

Does he want to live in the same area forever?

He’s scared of something - feeling trapped, unable to pay the mortgage every single month for 30 years, the responsibility of home ownership, something else...

But, underpriced houses turn into a bidding war and it’s easy to get sucked in and spend more than you intended.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:10 pm DH's new reason for not putting an offer on a house is that he thinks it's worth a lot more than the list price, so he's not going to waste time on a house he thinks we won't get.
Oops. I forgot.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:10 pm DH's new reason for not putting an offer on a house is that he thinks it's worth a lot more than the list price, so he's not going to waste time on a house he thinks we won't get.
Well that's just dumb lol. When you buy a house you don't usually negotiate up in price, but down. Unless the house is a hot buy that will get many offers.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Do you think he could have something going on with his credit that he doesn't want to tell you about?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That doesn't make sense. Normally you want the home value to be more than the purchase price. It's when the value comes out lower than your purchase price that the mortgage company goes "WTF?"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:39 pm Do you think he could have something going on with his credit that he doesn't want to tell you about?
No, we're in a program where both of us had to have credit scores of 760+ to be preapproved.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Sounds like he doesn't want to be on a mortgage with you. Maybe he is unhappy and wants to leave.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm
Well that's just dumb lol. When you buy a house you don't usually negotiate up in price, but down. Unless the house is a hot buy that will get many offers.
We're in a hot housing market, so a lot of homes go for at least 3-4% over list. But I found a house with a motivated seller on a street with two other houses for sale, so I think we have a chance at getting a good deal.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

His logic makes zero sense. He doesn't want to buy a house that's a good deal for what it's actually worth?
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Locked Previous topicNext topic