Let’s talk about satanism.

Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:45 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:30 am https://momconfessions.net/viewforum.php?f=79
this is where religious posts should go, not that you care.
This isn’t really a religious post in the sense that it would be promoting any one religion. It’s more of a historic post that is discussing different belief systems that have been followed.

It’s ok if admins delete this, it was just meant to be a conversation starter.
You do realize that black magic doesnt mean satanisim.....
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Jskidmore1946 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:07 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:30 am https://momconfessions.net/viewforum.php?f=79
this is where religious posts should go, not that you care.
This isn’t really a religious post in the sense that it would be promoting any one religion. It’s more of a historic post that is discussing different belief systems that have been followed.

It doesn’t automatically mean satanism, no. But satanism can be practiced during black magic rituals.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:23 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:18 am

I am aware, however you are discussing one religion that started in the same lifetime as people living today.

We have writings detailing the original form of satanism that go as far back as the 1500’s.
Please show me these writings.
Have you ever heard of the Borborites, or read about why
Catherine Monvoisin was put to death?
I have and you are wrong.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:56 am It would be incorrect to state that satanists don’t worship satan as though that’s a fact.

Plenty
of them do.

There is another religion that named themselves the same thing, but that religion did not wipe out true satanism when they were created.

True satanism still exists.
I wish Owlnuggets was here.......
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:12 pm

It doesn’t automatically mean satanism, no. But satanism can be practiced during black magic rituals.
So where does it say Catherine was Satanist
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:42 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:56 am It would be incorrect to state that satanists don’t worship satan as though that’s a fact.

Plenty
of them do.

There is another religion that named themselves the same thing, but that religion did not wipe out true satanism when they were created.

True satanism still exists.
I wish Owlnuggets was here.......
I am not saying her version of what satanism is would be wrong , I am saying there is another kind that existed earlier.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Jskidmore1946 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:55 pm

The fortune teller Catherine Deshayes Monvoisin, called La Voisin, was the central figure in the “Affair of the Poisons,” a lurid criminal case that implicated persons at the highest levels of French government and nobility. La Voisin’s trade included the selling of love potions and poisons; her clientele were mainly upper class. She came to the attention of the police as the alleged head of a ring of satanists and abortionists. In depositions and during a trial in 1679, La Voisin and her accomplices named more than 400 highly placed people (mostly women) as customers; many of them, it was alleged, had procured her services for the purpose of poisoning a spouse or competitor.

https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/eascfa/d ... e_deshayes
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:23 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:18 am

I am aware, however you are discussing one religion that started in the same lifetime as people living today.

We have writings detailing the original form of satanism that go as far back as the 1500’s.
Please show me these writings.
Have you ever heard of the Borborites, or read about why
Catherine Monvoisin was put to death?
Yes actually, I do. The Borborites were Gnostic Christians, not Satanists. They worshiped Jesus, not Satan. Some mislabelled them as Satanists throughout history because they did not follow traditional Church practices and so their actions were labeled a "black mass" by others.
Monvoisin was a fortune-teller who practiced the use herbal medication and may have sold some of her medications to people who used them to commit political assassinations. All mention of Satan were made by her accusers. It was relatively common to make up stories of Satan worship and the sacrifice of babies in order to scare people away from practicing "dark arts", rarely were these claims true. She was tortured before she "confessed" to any of her accusations. The people who actually murdered others were tortured before pointing the finger at her. All of the accusations of "baby bones" being found in her garden have been proven to be false and fabricated. Torture someone enough and they will admit to just about anything. Take a look at the history of similar accusations being used against older single women who practiced early medicine. Even if she was a Satanist, as I said I'm sure a few people through history have worshiped Satan, but they are few and do not represent the majority, especially in modern context.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:00 pm

The fortune teller Catherine Deshayes Monvoisin, called La Voisin, was the central figure in the “Affair of the Poisons,” a lurid criminal case that implicated persons at the highest levels of French government and nobility. La Voisin’s trade included the selling of love potions and poisons; her clientele were mainly upper class. She came to the attention of the police as the alleged head of a ring of satanists and abortionists. In depositions and during a trial in 1679, La Voisin and her accomplices named more than 400 highly placed people (mostly women) as customers; many of them, it was alleged, had procured her services for the purpose of poisoning a spouse or competitor.

Alleged is a huge word here. The only people who used the word satan were the people talking about her. It was very common to accuse someone of Satanism if they did anything outside the norm of society. The victims of the witch trials were also accused of satanism because they did things like use herbal medicine or they were a midwife who delivered a miscarried child or their neighbors crops failed, not because they actually practiced Satan worship.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Alleged is a huge word here. The only people who used the word satan were the people talking about her. It was very common to accuse someone of Satanism if they did anything outside the norm of society. The victims of the witch trials were also accused of satanism because they did things like use herbal medicine or they were a midwife who delivered a miscarried child or their neighbors crops failed, not because they actually practiced Satan worship.
Outside the norm of society... like holding black masses where babies were sacrificed?
Locked Previous topicNext topic