My mom pissed me off! Am I overreacting??

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Should I be pissed? My mom was looking at an old pic of my daughter's dad and she said that she barely recognized him. My daughter was standing there and hearing everything. Well, then my mom says, the only way I can tell it's him is by his big nose. I could tell that it hurt my daughter because of her silence afterward. Is this a normal thing to say in front of his young daughter? I don't know if I'm overreacting or not but I'm pissed off!!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think you're being overly sensitive.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Big time overreaction. Why would any of that exchange make you pissed?
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I mean if he has a big nose then he has a big nose. Why would any of that upset you so much and why would that upset your dd?
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Way overreacting
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm waiting for the part that's pissing you off, you left some stuff out.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

You're mad at the big nose comment? You are over reacting.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You are really overreacting here. So, your mother said he had a big nose.. And? My dad has a big nose. I have never gotten upset about that being pointed out. Ever. People remarked on it all the time when I was a kid and it never bothered me. It is a facial feature. That would be like my husband being mad because someone says I have a scar on my forehead. I *do* have a chicken pox scar on my forehead. It is nothing to get mad about.
Your child should not be upset either. If you are teaching her that it is okay to get upset over someone making a comment about something that is true ( having a facial feature), she is going to have a very tough life growing up as she is constantly going to be angry/upset. There is a huge difference between making a true statement and insulting somone about a feature.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think it depends on your mom. My mother was very judgemental (she would call people things like "big nose"), so if she had said something like that, I would have been upset or angry. Whereas with most people, I wouldn't think much of it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Thats awesome, they believe your troll posts..
Locked Previous topicNext topic