Here we go again

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:48 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:47 pm I would never live in such a shitty place or go without power.
Hahaha, you realize that power can go out no matter where you live right?
I think they have more powerful grids in Trolltown.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:58 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:47 pm I would never live in such a shitty place or go without power.
I think they have more powerful grids in Trolltown.
Having generators doesn't make me a troll.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:56 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:04 pm

Nothing I just have standards.
Better than a wildfire isn't it? I mean I'm not there and I imagine it could be PG&A's fault or whoever the power company is. But my opinion climate change screwed things up. Plus it's so dry they don't want a fire. So this is the price they pay.
Pg&e on the gas side was just caught using its public safety funds for executive bonuses and I'm sure the same has been happening on the electric side. And we pay so much for electricity its crazy!
I'm aware the company had problems I just wasn't sure what they were.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:57 pm
But not for days or weeks at a time. Not for a lot of us. I've lived in 3 different states in my lifetime and yes, I've dealt with power outages because of storms, etc. But it's never been for more than a few hours. Never. I can't imagine days without power and if it's not a major natural disaster, I don't think anyone in the US should put up with days or weeks without power.

I think Californians should demand that something be done to make it safe from fires without having to shut off power. I don't know if that means clearing all the underbrush again, or replacing all the electrical lines or what, but damn I wouldn't pay that much to live there and then deal with power outages like this.
On the east coast and we have had two-week long power outages at times. Also not uncommon to lose power during storms, and have it out for days. Most people know how to deal with the shorter outages, and either have generators or contingency plans.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:25 am

But not for days or weeks at a time. Not for a lot of us. I've lived in 3 different states in my lifetime and yes, I've dealt with power outages because of storms, etc. But it's never been for more than a few hours. Never. I can't imagine days without power and if it's not a major natural disaster, I don't think anyone in the US should put up with days or weeks without power.

I think Californians should demand that something be done to make it safe from fires without having to shut off power. I don't know if that means clearing all the underbrush again, or replacing all the electrical lines or what, but damn I wouldn't pay that much to live there and then deal with power outages like this.
On the east coast and we have had two-week long power outages at times. Also not uncommon to lose power during storms, and have it out for days. Most people know how to deal with the shorter outages, and either have generators or contingency plans.
I'd understand it being out due to storms but this is out because they have failed to properly maintained their lines and keep their equipment safe.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 pm

I lived without power for 3 weeks after some hurricane or another. It sucked but there are worse things. I wouldn't live in the woods either or the beach. I get natural disasters strike anytime but there's dealing with one and tempting fate.
To be perfectly honest I can't imagine living in hurricane country either. DH and I wonder why people keep rebuilding in the same area when they keep getting destroyed by hurricanes. All in the name of some emotional concept of "home"? Doesn't make sense. We left MN because of the snow and cold, I can't imagine staying in a place with regular hurricanes and power outages.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's a new anon type. The "I would never...". Easy to spot because responses always start with "I would never...". LOL
Sassy762 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:30 pm LOL...its probably the same asshole #2 from the odd letter post, lol
KendallsMom wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 pm
We know, Anon 2, we know...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:22 am
Pjmm wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 pm

I lived without power for 3 weeks after some hurricane or another. It sucked but there are worse things. I wouldn't live in the woods either or the beach. I get natural disasters strike anytime but there's dealing with one and tempting fate.
To be perfectly honest I can't imagine living in hurricane country either. DH and I wonder why people keep rebuilding in the same area when they keep getting destroyed by hurricanes. All in the name of some emotional concept of "home"? Doesn't make sense. We left MN because of the snow and cold, I can't imagine staying in a place with regular hurricanes and power outages.
I haven't had my home destroyed. Yet. I also live inland. I'm sure it's a matter of time given climate change. But given tornados, earthquakes, and blizzards every place has something.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

People survived for thousands of years without power. No one's going to die if they can't watch TV or play on their tablet for a week or two. That said, unilaterally cutting power from people due to situations that are no fault of their own may be a jerk move, but people need to stop blaming the power companies for the mess that was created by those who are too short-sighted to understand that trees and brush NEED to be cleared from time to time.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

People survived for thousands of years without power. No one's going to die if they can't watch TV or play on their tablet for a week or two. That said, unilaterally cutting power from people due to situations that are no fault of their own may be a jerk move, but people need to stop blaming the power companies for the mess that was created by those who are too short-sighted to understand that trees and brush NEED to be cleared from time to time.
No, but people can die without A/C. We've had homeless people in my area die in the middle of summer while laying under a tree. Heat exhaustion. People who don't have power for A/C when the temps are reaching 120F absolutely can succumb to all sorts of medical emergencies. And what about losing every bit of food they have in the fridge and freezer? Power is not just about entertainment. It is about so much more than that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic