Odd letter from the High School

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We recently received a letter from the High School. Here is what it says:

The administration is continually seeking qualified teachers for our students. Quite often these individuals come to teach at {{School Name}} as a second or third profession or from out of state. Unfortunately completing all of the necessary requirements to prove, on paper, they are qualified may take a few months. Please know, every person on our staff has been hired because we believe the instructors could offer our students a quality education.

Under the Federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act, Title I schools are required to provide parent notification when a teacher does not meet the requirements as a Title I Qualified professional.

Ms. {{Teacher Name}} is a valued member of the faculty at {{School Name}}, however, she does not currently meet the Federal requirements for being a Title I Qualified Teacher. Ms. {{Teacher Name}} is currently completing the necessary steps to meet the federal requirements.

I'm really not worried. This is my son's teacher for Honors Algebra (Freshman class). He is doing well in the class and I'm sure she'll complete whatever requirements are needed. I've just never received a letter about teacher qualifications so it caught me off guard.

Have you ever received a letter like this?
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have not. But it sounds like she might just have an expired or out of state license that needs to be corrected?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I haven't. In my town I'd assume it's business as usual. Our county pays teachers crap.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I've never received such a letter. But it would not surprise me, in the least, to learn that at a few of our teachers aren't qualified to teach what they are teaching. I'm actually surprised that they are notifying you, though. I wouldn't be surprised if a fews parents made a stink school board meeting. They definitely would in my district.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That happened to a teacher ages ago when I was in high school and she was basically fired. It sucked because she was a great teacher and everyone liked her. She never came back.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just a legal process. I haven't received one, but my kids have never been to a title 1 school.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No. Poor teacher, to have her name put out there in that manner. I wonder if some of the career switcher teachers I worked with had similar letters sent home about them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would never send my kids to such a shitty school. Kids deserve a good education.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I've never received a letter like that. Our district only hires fully qualified teachers. I'm not sure how I'd feel if my daughter had a teacher like the one mentioned in the letter.
JulesFairy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I have never received a letter like that but our school has hired teachers out of their profession before, example: our drama teacher was a former tv actor, Broadway star, and only had a degree in elementary school ed, since our school is K-8 he was teaching out of his profession, but was extremely qualified. If your son is making gains, I wouldn't sweat it too much.
Locked Previous topicNext topic