Odd letter from the High School

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 pm I would never send my kids to such a shitty school. Kids deserve a good education.
😂
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Always anon2!!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No I’ve never received a letter like that. I’m sure she’s qualified and just has to get her ducks in a row.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, but my kids are in elementary school, and you are more likely to see letters like that in high school. For example, school hires a someone who has a degree in biology to teach biology. According to federal guidelines/requirements, they aren’t qualified to teach because they do not have a degree in education. So the biologist is hired on a probationary period while they enroll in college to take the additional classes needed to be considered “highly qualified”. They also have to pass a test (PRAXIS here). This is at least how it works here.

These “programs” started as a way to combat the teacher shortages that many areas have. Many colleges/universities have course programs specifically for these people who need to go back and take classes on education.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 pm I would never send my kids to such a shitty school. Kids deserve a good education.
My friend has been a teacher for years but her husband is in the Army. She was a qualified teacher in two previous states, but not VA. She chose to just be a tutor here instead of getting the extra requirements. Now they moved again and she is a substitute teacher, considering being a full time teacher again
She is a wonderful educator and more than qualified in teaching a child.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I've never received this type of letter.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:42 pm
My friend has been a teacher for years but her husband is in the Army. She was a qualified teacher in two previous states, but not VA. She chose to just be a tutor here instead of getting the extra requirements. Now they moved again and she is a substitute teacher, considering being a full time teacher again
She is a wonderful educator and more than qualified in teaching a child.
She clearly wasnt more than qualified.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Number 2 and 6 are always assholes, lol
MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:43 pm Always anon2!!
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like they haven't been fully certified and someone decided to make a big deal about it when they found out. School probably wanted to head off any other complaints.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Wow this must be a form letter. I live in Atlanta and received that exact same letter my daughters Freshman year because she had a teacher from India and there was such a language barrier that all the students were complaining that they couldnt understand what she was saying. It was a Math class and she was so frustrated and they wouldn't allow transfers out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic