Laid off and he is using ALL our food for the in laws!!!!!

Anonymous 6

Unread post

How old are his parents?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I would die if my DH was up his parents’ asses like that. You guys should come first. That would be a real turn off. Not sure I could live that way forever.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lol. I remember you.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:05 pm My dh is laid off and we just found out that we filed unemployment too late so we don't get unemployment for last week. So I am tightening up our belts until work starts up again. Which is fine because we have a house full of food that should last us quite awhile or so I thought!!!!! My dh has been using all our food to cook his parents and sometime me and our kids food. For example Friday morning he made his dad and himself gravy and briskets and his mom got eggs bacon and toast. Our kids got cereal and milk. I got nothing. AND I HAD TO CLEAN THE DISHES HE USED FOR HIS PARENTS BREAKFAST!!!!

Yesterday my dh made me chicken and a baked potato for breakfast and 2 of our kids had a pancak. He made his parents 11 pancakes and a egg. Then when our oldest woke up there wasn't any pancakes because he gave it all to his parents! I told him kids eat first in our family! Always! And then my dh complained about how he had to make more.

Okay so today he used our ground beef (we are supposed to saving because ground beef prices are supposed to rise.) and he used to to make his parents sliders. Complete with fresh tomatoes.

So today it came to a boiling point. I told my dh don't get mad but maybe we would be saving more money if you didn't feed your parents every meal. They can cook and they have food. We are a family of 5 and I feel like we are feeding a family of 7.

I can and usually do go the whole day till supper without eating anything. I am not hungry and it saves money. And our kids eat at school so technically we are only eating one meal a day at home but since my dh started feeding his parents we went from one meal to three and we aren't even the ones eating it!!!!

And this is only 1 week of being laid off! I sure hope he goes back to work soon then he will be too tired to cook for his parents!
Attachments
tenor (47).gif
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm having a head time imagining a scenario where I"d be upset about feeding a couple of extra people, even if it was every day. How can you not have enough money to make your kid pancakes, but you think you have enough that you don't need to work? πŸ™„
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That entire situation is strange.

Hope you're a troll..

If not, best wishes.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:15 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:07 pm
My dh is laid off and we just found out that we filed unemployment too late so we don't get unemployment for last week. So I am tightening up our belts until work starts up again. Which is fine because we have a house full of food that should last us quite awhile or so I thought!!!!! My dh has been using all our food to cook his parents and sometime me and our kids food. For example Friday morning he made his dad and himself gravy and briskets and his mom got eggs bacon and toast. Our kids got cereal and milk. I got nothing. AND I HAD TO CLEAN THE DISHES HE USED FOR HIS PARENTS BREAKFAST!!!!

Yesterday my dh made me chicken and a baked potato for breakfast and 2 of our kids had a pancak. He made his parents 11 pancakes and a egg. Then when our oldest woke up there wasn't any pancakes because he gave it all to his parents! I told him kids eat first in our family! Always! And then my dh complained about how he had to make more.

Okay so today he used our ground beef (we are supposed to saving because ground beef prices are supposed to rise.) and he used to to make his parents sliders. Complete with fresh tomatoes.

So today it came to a boiling point. I told my dh don't get mad but maybe we would be saving more money if you didn't feed your parents every meal. They can cook and they have food. We are a family of 5 and I feel like we are feeding a family of 7.

I can and usually do go the whole day till supper without eating anything. I am not hungry and it saves money. And our kids eat at school so technically we are only eating one meal a day at home but since my dh started feeding his parents we went from one meal to three and we aren't even the ones eating it!!!!

And this is only 1 week of being laid off! I sure hope he goes back to work soon then he will be too tired to cook for his parents!
Are you living with his parents? or are they living with you?
Neither. We live right next door to them. Kinda like everyone loves Raymond. We moved here then they followed us and moved right next door.
I love how the next door house is always available. And so many women here all have in-laws with no money.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Send his parents a bill for the meals, and clean up. Don't really do that. Your husband needs to learn that you can't afford that right now. If he doesn't understand it, then talk to his parents about it and let them know what's going on.

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:21 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:15 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Are you living with his parents? or are they living with you?
Neither. We live right next door to them. Kinda like everyone loves Raymond. We moved here then they followed us and moved right next door.
I love how the next door house is always available. And so many women here all have in-laws with no money.
My in laws live 3 doors down and my BIL is across the street from them. The difference is I love my in laws and they all have their own money. LOL
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:26 pm
WickedPissah wrote: ↑Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:59 pm Why don't you work?
Staying at home Is cheaper and safer then daycare. Secondly why should I have to work to feed his parents? Thirdly my dh makes enough that we can afford for me to stay home and take care of the kids and home.
He doesn't have a job anymore so you can't afford shit. Take your ass out and look for a job.
Locked Previous topicNext topic