My day

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I get up and get the kids ready. I then walk the pups. Now the hard part, keeping them in the living room while I am not home. Food, water, pup toys, dog video and pee pads on the floor.
Momma Goldie and Skye (female) can both jump over the baby gate. Poor Chase cannot. I move the gate higher up but make sure there isn't enough of a clearance for the pups to crawl under. Again Momma Goldie and Skye leap over it, like it is nothing.
Then my big girl brain starts working. I move the gate up a lot higher and use the second baby gate to block it underneath. The second gate is messed up and wont lock in place so I push two chairs against it. Now none of them can get out. I was pretty proud of myself, until I realized I needed to get something out of the living room.
Move chairs, push top gate down, spider climb over the gate, because I have a sunk in living room and I am only 5'1, get what I need, scan the room one more time, climb over the gates, gather the two escapees again, lift gate, push chairs back against the gates and then just rest.

I think I got my cardio in for the day.
Pictures of me walking the pups and my kitten and puppy playing together.
Remember how little my kitten was when my son found him? He is a big boy now. The kitten and puppies think they are siblings.
Attachments
20191021_101502.jpg
20191021_101457.jpg
20191021_102037.jpg
Anonymous 1

Unread post

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectrum-36 ... /100097300
easy to install and an inexpensive solution.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:50 am https://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectrum-36 ... /100097300
easy to install and an inexpensive solution.
That looks great, but I wonder if it would survive the dogs and kids. It is a really high traffic area, but I will definitely look into it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Couldn't you just get tall pet gates for those little dogs?
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:07 am Couldn't you just get tall pet gates for those little dogs?
Yes, I just haven't done it yet. I did not think I would need it with little dogs LOL!
I might buy two dog crates and put them in there when no one is home until they older and more mellow.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

How many animals do you have in your tiny trailer?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why not crate them? How long are you out of the house?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:48 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:07 am Couldn't you just get tall pet gates for those little dogs?
Yes, I just haven't done it yet. I did not think I would need it with little dogs LOL!
I might buy two dog crates and put them in there when no one is home until they older and more mellow.
You could get two xl 30"x48" wire crate and join them together with zip ties (take the side doors off so they can have full access to both crates) if you have the floor space. But those crates are heavy.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:18 pm How many animals do you have in your tiny trailer?
Counting the kids?
Actually my trailer isn't tiny it has a messed up floor plan. I call it tiny because it is a two bedroom, where it could had easily been a three bedroom 2 bath.
My living room is 13×20. My bathroom is another usually large sized room that is L shaped. The long side is 10×7 and the short side is 6×5.
I have five pets. 1 cat, 1 dog, 1 kitten, 2 puppies.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:26 pm Why not crate them? How long are you out of the house?
I had a huge pop up pen, but threw it away over the weekend. My kitten would bump on the top to try and get to i the puppies and the whole thing would collapse.
I am considering getting crates again.
Locked Previous topicNext topic